Struggling to pick a dissertation topic...help please

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by OCS001, Apr 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,

I have got to hand in two possible dissertation questions on Friday and have been struggling to come up with a question that covers both the military and law.

I have thought of something along the lines of bringing the death penalty back for those that commit acts of terrorism on British soil (obviously the ones that can be caught and not the bits n bobs left).

Anyway, I thought I would ask on here and see whether anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

-OCS-

2. Mine was something along the lines of "Is it realistic to expect a liberal democracy such as the Uk to always respect human rights when combatting terrorism".

3. If you are having difficulty coming up with such a question, might I suggest you'll have even more difficulty answering it.

I personally think the best way to approach a dissertation is to come up with a question you feel you could easily answer, and can get the best possible grade doing so.

Save stuff you're interested in learning about for learning/reading about in your own time. When being assessed, it's best to work on stuff that you will have the best chance of doing well with.

4. Should all military personnel have access to Employment Tribunals in order to deliver a fair, independent, impartial and transparent process?

5. "Should the Armed Forces be obliged to provide childcare facilities when civilian firms aren't?"