Strongly supportive Pro-Forces article in the Guardian.

<late to the party mode>

Excellent article. Well done MiMc.

The inter-active portion was good and raises some interesting points on tactics and equipment.

Thanks Minty - Who could ever tell you had spent time with Toms on the ground, "Throbbing Circles" 8)

Nice One, Good for you for bringing it to the eyes of the British Community...

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Nice work Minty, and thanks for putting that so well. Keep up the good work. I'm very much looking forward to seeing/reading more of your work.

Very well written and factual - rarely seen in the reporting of anything these days.

Watched Lions for Lambs recently and can't help but think its very accurate and that the media's relationship to reporting is considerably less independant than is healthy.

But articles like this which seek only to be accurate and unbiased really stand out and demonstrate that there are still journalists with integrity and professional standards which will not bow to the lowest common denominator.

Well done Minty.

Really top flight war reporting minty. Up there with Dimbelby in WW2. Great stuff. From hindsight some of the Falklands reporting was a bit turgid.

Best article of it's kind I've read in my time. Very moving, you felt like you were there. Well done, keep it up.

Great article Minty, thanks, the videos are incredibly moving.

For those newer to the site you should read some of Audrey's other articles, especially from when she was embedded during Op Telic.

Ord_Sgt said:
Great article Minty, thanks, the videos are incredibly moving.

For those newer to the site you should read some of Audrey's other articles, especially from when she was embedded during Op Telic.
I agree they were very good.

Very, very good. Many thanks for this piece of superb journalism.

P

Pharscape81

i think it just truly hit me what i will be signing up for if i join
great piece of journalism minty
my respects to the soldiers

I hope I'm the only silly old sod who's fallen into the lazy, prideful trap of thoughtlessly assuming that since 82 most ops have been comparatively easy, endlessly overshadowed by Goose Green and Mount Longdon.

I've read the article and watched the video, three times, and now I'm going to crawl away and savour my humility.

Latest Threads