Strongest in Effrica

Quick slideshow stating the top military forces in the world, with 7 Effrcian nations' forces listed:

African soldiers - Africa

Synopsis:
Egypt - large force, well trained
Ethiopia - large
South africa - smallish, but technology-driven
Nigeria - large
Algeria - large (internal operations only)
Kenya - supported by USA
Libya - "new" army took over from previous military

Seffrica took a hit though with the recent pummeling received in CAR.

Having not worked with any of the above in over 2 decades, I don't have any evaluations either way.

Seeing the slack drills and slovenly attitude of the SANDF, I doubt they're up to much. As for technology, most of it is mothballed or U/S through lack of maintenance and funds going missing, not to mention ineptitude and poor training.

To second the above, I wouldn't back the SA army. The Nigerians are pretty ally, they've been battling terrorists and villagers who dont want an oil well on their village green for a few years now. Chad seems pretty switched on, and also Kenya and Ethiopia.

Hey guys - don't shoot the messenger!

When 25% of the force are unfit and 50% of the front line fighters are mothballed (oh, and only enough qualified pilots for 1/2 of the front line fighters NOT mothballed)...

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Seeing the slack drills and slovenly attitude of the SANDF, I doubt they're up to much. As for technology, most of it is mothballed or U/S through lack of maintenance and funds going missing, not to mention ineptitude and poor training.
So no more "30 days to Cairo?" Shame.