Strongarm tactics to punish Naomi Osaka.

Tennis isn't a favourite sport here I know but this isn't just about tennis. It should hopefully make people aware that after match press conferences with any sport where both the victors and losers are grilled about their performances are cringingly shite affairs.
These grillings inevitably turn to questions about the athletes personal life from some hack if there's a sniff of a story to be had.
Osaka refused to participate in this meaningless bolleux at the French open the other day stating that she wouldn't take part in any further conferences as well.
Apparently it's part of the rules that they must do this but she simply fecked them off at the high port.
So, $15,000 poorer now and with the prospect of being thrown out of the competition if she further defies the rules it doesn't look rosy for her.
I hope that other high interest sportsmen and women give her the support that she rightfully deserves.

Tennis isn't a favourite sport here I know but this isn't just about tennis. It should hopefully make people aware that after match press conferences with any sport where both the victors and losers are grilled about their performances are cringingly shite affairs.
These grillings inevitably turn to questions about the athletes personal life from some hack if there's a sniff of a story to be had.
Osaka refused to participate in this meaningless bolleux at the French open the other day stating that she wouldn't take part in any further conferences as well.
Apparently it's part of the rules that they must do this but she simply fecked them off at the high port.
So, $15,000 poorer now and with the prospect of being thrown out of the competition if she further defies the rules it doesn't look rosy for her.
I hope that other high interest sportsmen and women give her the support that she rightfully deserves.

It's their train set.

If she wishes to take part in the competition and have the chance of winning prize money then she has to abide by the contract she signs, which includes a clause about media appearances.

No sympathy here, sorry.

I support her stance on thinking that the press are *******, but she must have know the rules when started.

It would be far better for her to attend the conference and call the press *******.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Same with football, it's in the contract to turn up to the press conference. Also contracted to wear certain clothing items showing sponsor's name [F1 drivers are contracted to wear the baseball cap] and e.g. compulsory bottle of Gatorade on the desk when Pep Guardiola is interviewed.

However, in certain sports the interviewing has become peurile and nothing to do with the event.

Whilst I understand Osaka's stance, it's going to be more fun to turn up and take the p!ss out of the interviewers. E.g. "man where did you get your hair cut", "does your wife / husband know you're wearing that outfit in public" etc etc.

Whilst I understand Osaka's stance

I'm afraid that I don't. It's all a load of crap, but it's what they signed up for and it's one of the ways they earn obscene amounts.

There are alternatives. Get out of it all or else start your own professional tennis body and competition circuit.

I'm afraid that I don't. It's all a load of crap, but it's what they signed up for and it's one of the ways they earn obscene amounts.

There are alternatives. Get out of it all or else start your own professional tennis body and competition circuit.

How dare someone stand up to the press eh?

Tool

LE
It's their train set.

If she wishes to take part in the competition and have the chance of winning prize money then she has to abide by the contract she signs, which includes a clause about media appearances.

No sympathy here, sorry.
This. Akin to taking the Queen's Shilling and deciding you don't want to go on tour because of stuff.

Don't blame mental health for social ineptitude.

This. Akin to taking the Queen's Shilling and deciding you don't want to go on tour because of stuff.

Don't blame mental health for social ineptitude.

Its **** all similar, her primary role is to play tennis, not talk to the press so they can generate some load of bollocks.

[F1 drivers are contracted to wear the baseball cap]
F1 "crew" are contracted to wea rthe whole kit and caboodle when "on duty". Had a mate who worked for Honda, he came to visit for a couple of days wearing his everyday civvies then on the day of the race got togged up in the full gear right down to the watch, socks and shreddies. He looked scruffy whatever he wore, but that day he looked designer scruffy.....

Unbelievable.
Making headlines in a world wide public domain whilst searching for privacy. :eek: Erm...um.....;)
Seems very narcissistic to me...
If you cannot stand the heat get out the kitchen sweetie pie.

I ******* hate tennis. Whole summers of childhood fu cked up cos there was nothing else on telly except WimbledonfuckingWimbledonfuckingWimbledon.
Not convinced. Needs more conviction.
Wee cuppa & custard cream chat with me for a few minutes....pretty sure I'd talk you round.:)

I’m 6 and 2 3s on this, it is part of the terms and conditions of all competitors, but then I don’t blame her for wanting to bat that shit off, especially from brain dead reporters.

I’m sure there’s a solution somewhere. Each competition should provide sports psychologists and only have interviews 2 or 3 hours after the match.

If they continue down the route of punishing her when she’s citing mental health they will lose.

I think the whole post match interview is a pointless exercise in getting contestants to re hash the same, tired old clichés in a different order. I cannot remember hearing an original comment for decades.

Unbelievable.
Making headlines whilst searching for privacy. :eek: Erm...um.....;)
Seems very narcissistic to me...
If you cannot stand the heat get out the kitchen sweetie pie.

She has said **** all about privacy, just that she isnt talking to the press at the end of her match.

I support her stance on thinking that the press are *******, but she must have know the rules when started.

It would be far better for her to attend the conference and call the press *******.
Naomi should take a leaf out of Joe Kinnear's book

JK: Which one is Simon Bird [Daily Mirror football writer]?

SB: Me

JK: You’re a C***.

SB: Thank you.

JK: Which one is Niall Hickman [football writer for the Daily Express]? You are out of order. Absolutely f****** out of order. If you do it again, I am telling you you can f*** off and go to another ground. I will not come and stand for that f****** crap. No f***ing way, lies. F***, you’re saying I turned up and they [Newcastle’s players] f***** off.

Naomi should take a leaf out of Joe Kinnear's book

JK: Which one is Simon Bird [Daily Mirror football writer]?

SB: Me

JK: You’re a C***.

SB: Thank you.

JK: Which one is Niall Hickman [football writer for the Daily Express]? You are out of order. Absolutely f****** out of order. If you do it again, I am telling you you can f*** off and go to another ground. I will not come and stand for that f****** crap. No f***ing way, lies. F***, you’re saying I turned up and they [Newcastle’s players] f***** off.

I had to google that

RTU'd

LE
To much PC going on in football these days.
The premiershit full of divers better than tom daley.
Just surprised the air ambulance is not called in these days for some of the acting going.
Most footballers are candidates for RADA with what they get on with.

Latest Threads