strobes

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by BiscuitsAB, Feb 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I used to have a small strobe, it was about the size of a small hand torch and ran off of 4 x AAA it had a bright yellow plastic body and you could swap the lenses. 1x clear 1x red 1x green.

lent it to my lad for his DofE and he knackered it as to be expected. only problem is I can't find a replacement and I'd like to have one in my day sack for just incase.

can anyone help?

2. Pillager, you failed in the lmgtfy test.

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Good effort but FAIL! and I've googled it and walked into every damm out door shop from here to Snowdon and no joy.

4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

That'll do nicely not identical to what I had but exactly what I want. Thanks for that.

5. 6230-01-4118535 Strobe Marker Distress

[​IMG]

One of these any good to ya?

6. £57 through the system - 'C' Class item. My supplier isn't military though, to be fair the fecker doesn't know he's going to be my supplier yet :)

7. They're a Class C! the next question would be justification...or is that below your pay scale?

8. Kit for Afghan or if you're not going - kit for training for afghan :) (Don't forget to order an extra one for the QM.)

9. Works for me........

10. Go in any scuba shop........ small, takes one c- cell.

Took it on a fishing trip to Canada last year, the lads were impressed to see it 3- 4 miles away, made the trip back in the dark a cinch.

11. Yep, that'll be how I got mine!

Q.