Stripping boot polish

So I recently got a pair of highlander ranger boots from a mate of my brothers who was in the TA, and I wanted to beeswax them to parade mirror gloss standard but I'm not quite sure how to remove the polish that's already there any ideas?

P.s. I have looked all over Google/YouTube/arrse threads and I can't find a way that I feel confident in doing.

Hold them over a lit candle - the heat will destroy the old polish and old wax, and you have less chance of doing any damage to the leather by putting chemicals on it.

Hold them over a lit candle - the heat will destroy the old polish and old wax, and you have less chance of doing any damage to the leather by putting chemicals on it.
where I was going with the lighter - our NAAFI was a bit short on candles for some reason...

As @mrdude said, lit candle. To avoid scorching and charring the leather, heat a teaspoon over over the flame, with your heroin, err, no, with the bowl upside down and use the bottom of the bowl to melt and remove the old glaze. Heat and repeat.
Many chemicals will strip the polish but may penetrate the leather, expand it in parts and give an uneven finish.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Be careful applying a flame to polished leather as if there are any air bubbles within the leather they expand ! - have seen more than one pair of Ammo boots with an exploded toe cap o_O

@JudeWoj,
Why are you even thinking about stripping and re-bulling boots you will almost certainly not be allowed to wear.
Your most pressing concern at the moment should be getting ready for basic, not fart arrseing around with boots.
You only have 6 weeks of freedom left, use them wisely.
Good luck with Basic.

One way of stripping polish off of a toe cap is to be stood next to your bed in your boots ready for inspection, after inspection you are fallen out, you turn and lift your leg - just too high - and slam your toe cap up against the bed frame :pissedoff:

@JudeWoj,
Why are you even thinking about stripping and re-bulling boots you will almost certainly not be allowed to wear.
Your most pressing concern at the moment should be getting ready for basic, not fart arrseing around with boots.
You only have 6 weeks of freedom left, use them wisely.
Good luck with Basic.
This.