stripping and cleaning the sa80.

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by darlo, Nov 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anybody have the right information for stripping and cleaning a rifle? Any information would be great. cheers

2. Take it apart. Clean it. Put it back together again. Hand it into the arms storeman. Job done. Easy peasy.

3. I'm astounded by some of the requests that appear here! Obviously not a trained soldier then Darlo.

4. It's a secret on a need-to-know basis. If you need to know, someone will tell you.

Then someone will tell you something else.

Then they'll mod the weapon and not tell you that the cleaning regime has changed. Then you'll hand in your sparkly weapon and get into trouble, because it's not supposed to be sparkly.

5. So don't use vinegar!!!

6. I am a trained soldier and no exactly how to do it but need to hand an essay in with the up to date details such as an aide memoir

7. You won’t be ready to write your essay until you learn how to spell :D

8. Perhaps that's why Darlo is writing the essay.

9. Then go to your Traininng Wing then, I'm sure they can help! Then go to the shop and buy a dictionary and Thesaurus!

10. HI' I'M BARRY SCOTT AND THIS IS CILIT BANG BANG, I USE IT TO KEEP MY GAT UBER CLEAN, ITS FECKING GLEAMING..............blah blah blah

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. fair one

12. Just use scotch brite on everything and then when its nice and shiny cake it in WD40

13. I find sand paper is the best way to get all that black stuff off.

14. Don't forget to use sandpaper.

15. What I forget to tell you was when you are stripping the rifle, make sure the rear butt plate is no more than 1 foot away from your face, then pull the rear TMH pin fully out and pull the TMH off as fast as you can. When you clean the barrel, make sure when you pull it through you use at least 5 of the little squares of flannelette as otherwise your barrel wont be clean.