String??

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by callum13, Apr 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what kind of string the SAS use to attach their compass to their pocket and where i can get some please, genuine issue preferred.

Cheers

2. I believe it's foxgut

3. they make it themselves out of spider silk. You need a steady hand and REALLY small tweezers.

P.S. Use a milking action.

4. Checks diary – not Friday.
    Checks time – gone 1200, to late for April fools jokes.
    Checks can I be bothered to come up with disparaging/acerbic response.

Nah – leaves it to others.

5. Need more info - arm length, body length, body width and type of compass to be used. I mean you need to know how long a peice of string is required.

6. Twice as long as the distance from the mid-point to one end.
    :roll:

7. unicorn gut i beleive.Saw ray mears do it on the telly once,its hardened using pixie dust and left in the sun for a couple of days.

8. Thing is using that stuff you can only cut it with hens teeth and I cant find the NSN for it any where at the mo , I will look in Davy Jone's locker later he left me the keys

9. And there was me thinking it was made out of plaited mermaid pubes, tchh, its amazing the things you think you knew

10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Needs to be strong to cope with the abseil down to the Embassy window.

11. It's made out rockin' horse shoite, unlike the intial post to this thread that is made out of the bull veriety... :roll:

12. so, would need to be at leats 40 foot long then? (for, say, a two storey building)

13. Canadian special forces swear by bigfoot pubes i have heard and its twice as strong as the sas stuff , you ask andy mcnab !

14. maybe its the SBS that use mermaid pubes, after all with all that messing about in boats they are probably closer to mermaids than bigfoots (bigfeet?)

15. It's spun from the hair from the back of romanian orphans, ginger ones. It has the strength of tungsten but the beauty of copper......

Smells like cat p!ss though....