String??

Does anyone know what kind of string the SAS use to attach their compass to their pocket and where i can get some please, genuine issue preferred.

Cheers

callum13 said:
Does anyone know what kind of string the SAS use to attach their compass to their pocket and where i can get some please, genuine issue preferred.

Cheers
I believe it's foxgut

Checks diary – not Friday.
Checks time – gone 1200, to late for April fools jokes.
Checks can I be bothered to come up with disparaging/acerbic response.

Nah – leaves it to others.

dpcw

War Hero
Need more info - arm length, body length, body width and type of compass to be used. I mean you need to know how long a peice of string is required.

dpcw said:
Need more info - arm length, body length, body width and type of compass to be used. I mean you need to know how long a peice of string is required.
Twice as long as the distance from the mid-point to one end.
:roll:

unicorn gut i beleive.Saw ray mears do it on the telly once,its hardened using pixie dust and left in the sun for a couple of days.

warrior8234mkIIIA2 said:
unicorn gut i beleive.Saw ray mears do it on the telly once,its hardened using pixie dust and left in the sun for a couple of days.
Thing is using that stuff you can only cut it with hens teeth and I cant find the NSN for it any where at the mo , I will look in Davy Jone's locker later he left me the keys

oldbaldy

LE
Needs to be strong to cope with the abseil down to the Embassy window.

Canadian special forces swear by bigfoot pubes i have heard and its twice as strong as the sas stuff , you ask andy mcnab !

maybe its the SBS that use mermaid pubes, after all with all that messing about in boats they are probably closer to mermaids than bigfoots (bigfeet?)

It's spun from the hair from the back of romanian orphans, ginger ones. It has the strength of tungsten but the beauty of copper......

Smells like cat p!ss though....

It's not string and it's not made of anything. It's Cord...... sometimes called Para Cord.

It's called Para Cord cos it's mythical, magical stuff that comes from the Paranormal world of Special Forces mysticism.

String is that tight bit of skin that is attached to the back of your purple helmet.

As in '' fu.ck me Violet, I think me string's just snapped as I pushed into your bottom.''

the smell of the piss can be washed away with the sweat from 5 greek gods devilish, i know this cos my mate dave told me down the pub

Compass?? Attached to pocket??

Well that's just shattered one of my illusions.

I always thought that they used astral navigation.

And GPS as a back up in case it's cloudy.

Mr Happy

LE
callum13 said:

Cheers
Mate, to put you out of your pain, its probably Para Cord, like the RLC, Para's and anyone else in the army, navy or airforce use to tie stuff together, it also does well as boot laces, o-group maps and as a rifle sling. Strong, cut by fire (watch out for the dripper bits) and available at most surplus stores.