Strictly Come Dancing featuring contestants in wheelchairs.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by commzmeanzbombz, Mar 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is this for real?????????????

The BBC is to launch a new spin-off of Strictly Come Dancing featuring contestants in wheelchairs.

The show will see disabled competitors paired with able-bodied partners as they perform dances such as the Foxtrot and Waltz, reports The Sun.

Wheelchair DanceSport is becoming increasingly popular worldwide and there are already an estimated 5,000 dancers who take part in the activity.

Sue Cummings, who works as a coach for dancers in the UK, told the paper: "This is a brilliant idea. The only dance we don't do is the Can Can because we Can't Can't - but only because I haven't yet worked out how you do the splits in a wheelchair!"

The series is expected to be screened on BBC3 later this year and anyone interested in taking part should email: wheelchair.dancers@fevermedia.co.uk

2. They'll do anything for viewers. I shall be writing to my MP to recommend that its made compulsory viewing.

3. Is it just me or does anyone else think that Wheelchair Come Dancing will just look like Robot Wars ?

4. Any ramps/chicanes/cones for them to navigate around?

5. So will one of them be called Sir Dance-a-lot?

How sad am I, that I know that?

6. Pity the poor able-bodied bloke who has to do a lift ....

7. It''ll put a whole new meaning to "spin" as well

8. This is for the benefit of Forsythe.Coffin dodgin' old git.

9. At one time the BMH in Benghazi had a load of guys in wheel chairs getting better after a bad truck accident. They formed themselves into The Chelsea Pensioners Display team. Used to do Saturday morning RSM parade, pay parade - the lot with the hospital RSM as drill pig.
    Tankies of course!

10. Oh come on! 'Dancing' in wheelchairs?? That's just sitting down... they're not even trying!

How's about:

'Wheelchairs on Ice'?
    'Wheelchair F1'
    'Synchronised wheelchair swimming'
    'Wheelchairs in the Jungle' (I'm In a Wheelchair Get Me Out Of Here!)

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Break Dancing Wheelchairs on Ice?

12. Wheelchair ski jump.?

13. Whhelchairs on ice would be fcuking hilarious.

14. Wheelchair Bungee, anyone ???