Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by The_Cheat, Jul 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have we adapted / Changed these at all? It's been a few years since I was a CMT but AFAIK the MIB was one of the only 'portable' stretchers that we had. The normal GS green jobby worked well and was light, but you couldn't fit one in a LR or a vehicle.

MIB was great, but still a bit big. I've seen the "Foxtrot" litter that the yanks have and it looks quite decent. It rolls up to about the same size as a roll mat and looks like it would work better than a poncho.

Any one have any experience with kit like this? Do we have our own version?

T C

Edit to add-

2. mibs every time pity they are like shark s*** to get hold of though!
  3. I saw a new type of emergency stretcher being demonstrated by the Tri Service Emergency Care/ADMEM lot at the last conference in Gosport. It is designed to go in conjunction with the new vehicle medical bandolier thingy. It was flexible and compressed down into the size of a utility pouch IIRC.

I asked the Col who was doing the talk about it whether it was being introduced purely for vehicle use as part of the scaling or also for dismounted troops, but he was unable to answer me. I don't know if it is on issue yet, but is at least on the way.