"Stress fracture" medical delay

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Benno1, May 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've received a letter telling me my medical clearance has been delayed (done briefing, not done main board) due to a history of a stress fracture. They require copies of x ray reports and confirmation that I can be active without being in pain, as well as hospital reports.

They didn't specify what the fracture was though. I think it is probably my broken nose that happened last June, but that was extremely minor and required no treatment, I just waited for it to be OK and it is absolutely fine.

So I am pretty sure I know how to get hospital records (from the hospital...), but how to I confirm "My current level of activity and confirmation that it is/is not pain free"? I mean the fact that I did briefing OK should be testament to this.

2. Oh please god make it stop.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stress fracture of the NOSE!?? You have GOT to be ******* kidding me!!!

How did you do that? How in the name of Allah's left bollock do you get a stress fracture of the nose??? Did you have a REALLY bad cold or was it hay fever?

• Like Like x 4
  4. I think I just coughed a lung out laughing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Benno1, you wouldn't, per chance, have had pains in your shins in the past when you mentioned to the quack? Something us mere mortals call Shin Splints?

6. I think I thought that I had shin splints at one point but I didn't go to a doctor about it. The reason I ask is because the only time I have ever broken a bone was when I broke my nose, so I have no idea what they are talking about. Never been to hospital for anything except that.