strength training with body weight

#1
im understanding a bit of strength but not too much, been on ross training, and i love fast and heavy weights so been using different things, such as sand bags and my own body weight, but has anyone got any beasting movements or good strength websties to go on, with hardcore beasting? and anyone got any advice on the pti course ? and could anyone tell me what a day in a life is like for a pti ? thanx
 
#2
www.bodyweightculture.com

Great site, they have a training program split up into 20 difficulty levels. If you register (they dont spam) you get access to their forums which are pretty good. Some of the movements those guys have come up with are insane, like you try doing one rep and feel like you have just snapped in half type stuff lol..

J.
 
#5
go on youtube and type in spartan warrior, some absolutley awesome workouts, im doing a few at the min, getting me in awesome shape
 
#6
fencing_sabre said:
and anyone got any advice on the pti course ? and could anyone tell me what a day in a life is like for a pti ? thanx
Before all the jokes start coming in about spending maximum 'me-time' in front of a mirror, shrinking your clothes, and making sure to get as much issued hair-gel as possible, I thought I'd get a sensible answer in.

Depending on where you work as a PTI will depend on what kind of job you are going to do on a day-to-day basis. If you are working at an ATR, then you will be planning, and carrying out a much different type of fitness training than you would at a normal unit.

A standard day (here), tends to be in at eight (or six-thirty if you are duty PTI, and taking remedials). After that you will either prepare/plan your first lesson of the day, or setting it up. If you are not involved with taking lessons, then you will be carrying out Gymnasium admin, which can range from the always fun exciting duty of entering statistics into the MATT2 database, to arranging training programmes for people who have been directed to you by the rehabilitation staff.

On the whole, it's a very enjoyable job, but, as with any job, there are some mind-numbingly dull parts. However, I've found that it's rewarding, varied and challenging. If you need any more information, drop me a line.

Tango
 
#7
tango you working at an ATR? im trying to get on my pti course this year when i get back from the gan and im after a posting to a training unit
 
#8
airbornereme said:
tango you working at an ATR? im trying to get on my pti course this year when i get back from the gan and im after a posting to a training unit
No, I'm at a regular unit, but if you need some info on being a PTI at an ATR, PM me and I'll put you in touch with a friend of mine who's currently working at Bassingbourn (I think).

Same again, need any info on the course, some of the powerpoints etc, drop me a line.
 
#9
Timmypig said:
In a similar vein, has anyone read (and used) Bronson's "Solitary Fitness"?
Spooky, picked that up from a car boot sale the other day, had a flick through but not really gone through it and seen if it's any good. Full of his mad drawings though!
 
#11
Tango said:
fencing_sabre said:
and anyone got any advice on the pti course ? and could anyone tell me what a day in a life is like for a pti ? thanx
Before all the jokes start coming in about spending maximum 'me-time' in front of a mirror, shrinking your clothes, and making sure to get as much issued hair-gel as possible, I thought I'd get a sensible answer in.

Depending on where you work as a PTI will depend on what kind of job you are going to do on a day-to-day basis. If you are working at an ATR, then you will be planning, and carrying out a much different type of fitness training than you would at a normal unit.

A standard day (here), tends to be in at eight (or six-thirty if you are duty PTI, and taking remedials). After that you will either prepare/plan your first lesson of the day, or setting it up. If you are not involved with taking lessons, then you will be carrying out Gymnasium admin, which can range from the always fun exciting duty of entering statistics into the MATT2 database, to arranging training programmes for people who have been directed to you by the rehabilitation staff.

On the whole, it's a very enjoyable job, but, as with any job, there are some mind-numbingly dull parts. However, I've found that it's rewarding, varied and challenging. If you need any more information, drop me a line.

Tango
I watched a program a few years ago in which a Personal Trainer swapped jobs with an Army PTI for a few days. IIRC, they said the average PTI will end up running approx. 40 miles a week. Plus, of course, circuits, weights etc.

Does this sound about right? Just being nosey! :D
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top