"Strength through Unity" EU sloganeering

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by smallbrownprivates, Nov 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today Programme 6 Nov 09 2hrs 50mins 27secs onwards

Strength through unity was the facist slogan against which a generation fought to free europe.
    To hear multiple variations of this phrase being churned out without any sense ofunease by a senior EU rep was deeply disturbing.
  2. I think it's but a short step to "Arbeit Macht Frei"
  3. Use of a German PR agency by any chance? :D

4. Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer...
  5. So next we'll be hearing "Freedom is Slavery" then?

Or "Strength through Joy"?

Really is worrying that they can blithely come out with this crap without even considering the connotations.

In fact, what might be more worrying is if they understand, accept and agree with the connotations 8O
  6. They need a slogan for the EU that will bring the british on board. How about

"It's us, or the one-eyed porridge wog - you decide".
  7. I think actually the phrase was borrowed from the Dutch republic....it was a saying they had.
  8. There is a well paying job of the EU PR department waiting for you sir....
  9. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

"Strength through unity, unity through faith"

The slogans of "Norsefire", the fascist party running the UK in "V for Vendetta".

Sorry for being a bit of a geek there
  10. Where do I sign up?

That's the only argument for greater involvement in Europe that's ever made sense for anyone other than politicians and countries other than us. Pure genius.
  11. That was the movie, the proper graphic novel version is "Strength Through Purity, Purity Through Faith"

geek overload........ :oops: :oops:
  12. double post
  13. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Someone give the french b*tch a slap and a quick update on the current state of the UK.

We had - England and the Kingdom of England used several times throughout the interview.....boils my piss.

14. That was silly......