strengh for selection

how many pull ups do u really need be able to do, to do well?

and roughly how heavy are jerry cans. iv picked up and had to carry one full one before- thought my arms were gona fall off at the end. i just want to be able to practise with weights.

cheers x

If you can do 10 pull ups that should do, but you should do as many as you can.

The jerry cans weight 20kgs each.

Good luck

J

jimuk80

Jerry Can 20kgs Practice with 24kgs 150metre walk in no more than 2mins. Heaves i believe are 5 minimum with good form (straight arms, chest to bar etc).

i thought that was true about you havin to do like 5 each but one guy from my ADSC didn't manage any and got through, i think its mor to do with th mile nd a half run. And he was going to REME so it depends on the job aswell i think

but yeah, 20 kg jerry cans though

You like your kisses gayboy.

It's on a best effort basis.. so if you go tomato faces and just pull off one, in theory you should be OKAY.

jerry can walk lol!! it's not the weight its the worlds worst joint shredding plastic available to the cheapest supplier that'll end ya.

Funny how after a few MGOB builds that plastic feels refreshing.....

So it's a 150 meter walk in under 2 minutes, carrying a jerry can?
And then 5 lifts of a jerry can, and 10 pullups?

Excuse my ignorance ;)

2 x 20kg Jerry Cans 150m

As many heaves you can do.

Static Lift - Pull as hard as you can!

Dynamic Lift - Starting at 35kg and increasing by 5kg on successful lift

Back Extension.

Not necessarily in that order. :D

Is selection the same with everyone apart from the run?

I'm having Selection for Paras soon and know I have to beat 50 push-ups and 50 sit-ups in 2minutes to pass for what I want. I wasn't sure if that is the same with everyone though. What about the pull-ups, are they the same or have I gotta pull my own weight a little more?

Riggsy said:
Is selection the same with everyone apart from the run?

I'm having Selection for Paras soon and know I have to beat 50 push-ups and 50 sit-ups in 2minutes to pass for what I want. I wasn't sure if that is the same with everyone though. What about the pull-ups, are they the same or have I gotta pull my own weight a little more?
I didn't think you had to do a prescribed amount of pushups or situps...

Yea, got that info on request from the official British Army - Para website thing.

Riggsy,

The run time you need to achieve for the 1.5 mile run is 9:18 -9:40 and then you need to be able to achieve a minimum of 50 press ups in 2 minutes and a minimum of 50 sit ups in 2 minutes.

These are the basic fitness requirements to join the Parachute Regiment.

Any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

L/Cpl Paul Muller
Parachute Regiment
Recruiting Team Office Manager

The para lads at my selection didn't need to do any press ups or sit-ups. Everyone did the same as the next man. The only ones w did were in the PT session we did at night, that wasn't a test though. A couple were binned however as soon as they failed the run.

Maybe that info is regarding the pre-parachute selection?

Sh1t maybe I'm thinkin gof the wrong thing. I didn't know there was 2. I thought it was regarding basic Selection towards going into Basic Training. Maybe the guy I asked thought I was on about something else.

I'm not even a recruit yet. My bad. Sorry if I got it mixed up.