Straw wants public to vote on community service punishment

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by rockape34, Mar 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HERE

Yet another govt. attempt to get popular :roll:
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Isn't it funny how data is suddenly being massaged, news stories are being 'spun', the BBC is being wetter than ever and the gobment has gone from "We don't give a flying fcuk about your freedoms, privacy pockets or wishes" to "We care, we love you, what you say matters" in the space of a single week?

Within one week of the election, and IF the British electorate is dumb enough to go for this yet again, it'll be back to business as normal, but with a brand new 5 year mandate. So, Get ready for your bio-ID card, expect it to get checked repeatedly as you go from street to street by bods in black suits, with visors over their faces and rifles in their hands, expect your television to admonish you for thought crime and get used to your new name of Euro-Citizen 97564436522537448.
  3. My prediction: if the public vote "Birch the cunt" democracy will swing into action and we'll be told, "No, you're not allowed to vote for that."
  4. Does 'community service punishment' include the public humiliation of the stuttering fool Straw?
  5. Is this the 'court of public opinion' Ms Harman speaks so highly of being adopted as nulab policy?
  6. Could we get them to measure cliffs by jumping off and shouting as they go down. We could then record the sound and use a formula to see how high it was, also if they survive we could have some trainee doctors around to do some, er, training. Win, win.
  7. Bring back the galleys, they get to row and get fit and it's green. We can have ferries to Ireland and France and the taxpayer will make a profit.
  8. Jack Whore's latest gimmick....
    I'm curious to know why he is so keen to keep his name in the papers as he is (apparantly) not contesting his seat at the next election. I wonder what gravy train he's got his eye on....