Stratford Business School- Strategic Management PG Dip

Rapey MaGoo

Old-Salt
Anyone had any experience with or know anything about this institute?
Apparently it's been around for a while and the Dip is accredited by BTEC at level 7. I was wondering whether this would gain entry onto a traditional Uni MSc.

Cheers!

UKTAP

LE
Do you know if anywhere offers a 'top up' course to take a PG Dip to MSc in a similar subject? The normal entry requirements for an MSc are either a BSc in a related field (normally at a 1st or 2:1) or lower qualification with professional experience.

A PG Dip is post grad level anyway, so normally, the taught phase of an MSc would be the equivalent to a PG Cert and a PG Dip.

Rapey MaGoo

Old-Salt
I'm currently studying a BA Business Management, I should be graduating with a 1st in September. So long as I don't absolutely f*ck up my dissertation.

My main concern is cost, I'm currently in-between buying a house, and squaring away my future career in the 4.5 years I have left to push.
Most MSc I've looked at are £7000 plus, hence the reason I considered this PG Dip, which would be covered by my last ELC. With the idea being I can get the funds together later down the line to top up to a full MSc.

Anyone had any experience with or know anything about this institute?
Apparently it's been around for a while and the Dip is accredited by BTEC at level 7. I was wondering whether this would gain entry onto a traditional Uni MSc.

Cheers!
It seems to be offering Pearson syllabuses, so is in effect a reseller. Harmless enough but probably not the best option out there.

As to whether it would gain entry to a traditional MSc, that would depend on the institution, the subject, their syllabus and what entry point you were asking for. Most institutions have a policy around Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) which allows for the possibility of transferring credits but this is usually dependent on a match between the syllabus you've studied and the one their programme teaches. You can ask and may be offered module exemptions, semester exemptions or your arse in a sling depending on what they think of it.

If you have this qualification already, it's probably worth giving it a go - what do you have to lose? If you are thinking about embarking on it, I'd strongly recommend thinking of somewhere else.

It seems to be offering Pearson syllabuses, so is in effect a reseller. Harmless enough but probably not the best option out there.

As to whether it would gain entry to a traditional MSc, that would depend on the institution, the subject, their syllabus and what entry point you were asking for. Most institutions have a policy around Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) which allows for the possibility of transferring credits but this is usually dependent on a match between the syllabus you've studied and the one their programme teaches. You can ask and may be offered module exemptions, semester exemptions or your arse in a sling depending on what they think of it.

If you have this qualification already, it's probably worth giving it a go - what do you have to lose? If you are thinking about embarking on it, I'd strongly recommend thinking of somewhere else.
Wot he said.

Rapey MaGoo

Old-Salt
Thanks for the info. Since you mentioned I have done some more digging and it appears the same qualification is offered by several institutes, albeit for a fair bit less. I may reconsider my options....

Latest Threads