Strapped to Apaches and dodging fire, RM recover body

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by thegimp, Jan 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being left behind and falling into the hands of the Afghans must be everyones worst nightmare.

2. Just heard this on the news - incredible bravery . Hats off and huge respect.

3. I quote from the Grauniad:

But the besieged Taliban fighters proved resilient, and sprayed the Z Company marines with gunfire. Within minutes the British force suffered four casualties, mostly gunshot wounds. The commandos leapt back into their Vikings and retreated to the far bank of the river.

the mission was a failure - the Taliban were not expelled from Jugroom fort

Worrying.

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Royals, I salute you

5. Hoofin' wets indeed . . and I bet they were grinning like wnaking japs all the way if the Booties I know are anything to go by. Hats off to 'em, an incredible acheivement. Makes you proud.

6. 'no greater love than this no man hath than to lay down his life for his friends'

Incredible story. RIP L/Cpl Ford.

7. A good example of RM and AAC working in perfect harmony. Great thinking outside the box, but weren't we told the other day that there are enough helicopters in Afghanistan...?

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Pity they didnt take the place!

9. I'm sure they will ugly. Well done bootnecks a daring and brave attempt to save a fallen comrade. The best.

10. Congrats and hats off to the RM, the AAC and the RElad who was one of the four.

RIP L/Cpl FORD

11. Was the attack commanded by Lt Col Chuck Norris? This must qualify as officially 'double hard'.

Outstanding work chaps *doffs cap*.

12. Definately thinking out of the box!

Well done lads and RIP fella.

13. Outstanding work.
    Per mare, per terram, per Apache :)

14. i would love to see some staff officer try to write that move into a pam in official speak.

top effort booties.

RIP LCpl Ford