Strangest weight/thing seen packed in a bergan for a CFT.

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by northern_warrior, Sep 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive seen all sorts of she-at packed in bergans to make up the weight for a CFT. These range from A10 tins of beans/tomatoes from the cheffy types to broken bits of paving!! WTF.

So i'm asking the fellow arrsers for their strangest things they have used/seen to pack a bergan for a tab.

The craziest i have seen though is a solid stone eagle statue that must have measured two foot from wing tip to wing tip and about a foot tall!!!! How the fück the fellow thought that would be comfy for an 8 miler i'll never know.

Over to you fellow arrsers.

2. About 60 **** mags!

3. You really need to reign in your frankie habit D&G. :wink:

4. Frankie has an incredible weight to mass ratio

I have in the past had to use re-enforced industrial shelves to mount my collection of 18 years!!

Denser than tungsten apparently

5. And gains weight over time!

6. A slab of beer. And very welcome it was afterwards.

7. A Gurkha. And if you get tired you can swap over half way.

• Like Like x 3
  8. A girl i was on Pre-deployment course with packed her bergen for a CFT with used brake discs...

9. Seen grit used packed in small bags before

10. Big lump, no think bigger, of concrete including 1 foot length of rebar sticking out the end.

Why do they do it?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Caught some doris with a duvet, pink fluffy cushion and an iron!! Lazy bint then whinged the whole way round about it being too heavy.

12. a full bag of spillsorb

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ive seen that one before the unfortunate thing being that the silly git had put it in the bottom of his bergan so he was in agony after about three mile

Car battery has got to be one of the worst though.

14. Sandbags full of brass for an eight miler across the plain. One lunatic of my acqaintance once packed a 320 and four batteries. The colour he had gone by the end of the tab was quite alarming.

15. Been behind some knobhead who used spillsorb, and hadn't taped/sealed the bags.....doesn't half dry up bodily fluids as well as oil :roll:

Common REME weights were bags of nuts & bolts wrapped in bubble wrap.