Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Strangest thing seen on a Training area!

Who was wearing the high heels? You? the bloke? or the doll? (or the sheep?)

Household Div stopping dead in their tracks, middle of Salisbury Plain, rigging up a marquee and breaking out the mess silver for a full sit-down mess kit dinner with fake war raging all around them.

Got to be the "human washdown point" at BATUS.
I thought the mobile bath and shower unit was a myth until I got trucked there between exercise phases.  Still, it was easy to find, it's normally about 3 clicks in front of the Artillery gun line.

It was a bit scary though, the people running it were all 65 yr old CPL's who dribbled while they watched you get changed.

Good job I had clean backtefrontyinsideouties on!

Might be wrong & stand to be corrected but wasn't it a landrover CP (58b i think) from 4 Regt that hit the only tree on BATUS during broad daylight with nothing else around but gophers.

Perhaps he was performing an iner & outer rimiter check for Danny F**kkin Walker.

our wksps 2ic, taking us out in convoy at night,across supposidly ranges that was´nt in use. until the sound of shells landing in close proximity made us realise the ranges were in use.