Strange website keeps popping up

#1
Strange thing happening, whenever i press the 'last 50 posts' button (at the top or bottom of page), i keep getting re-directed to this weird website

http://rev-advert.com/search.php?

Done a virus scan and can't find anything. Running Firefox. Anyone else getting this?
 
#4
box-of-frogs said:
Strange thing happening, whenever i press the 'last 50 posts' button (at the top or bottom of page), i keep getting re-directed to this weird website

http://rev-advert.com/search.php?

Done a virus scan and can't find anything. Running Firefox. Anyone else
getting this?
You have been (as the youngsters, say. pw0nd) rooted. Smash you pc with a lump hammer. Never ever go on the internet again.

People like you are a danger too the whole, of the free world!
 
#5
jinxy said:
box-of-frogs said:
Strange thing happening, whenever i press the 'last 50 posts' button (at the top or bottom of page), i keep getting re-directed to this weird website

http://rev-advert.com/search.php?

Done a virus scan and can't find anything. Running Firefox. Anyone else
getting this?
You have been (as the youngsters, say. pw0nd) rooted. Smash you pc with a lump hammer. Never ever go on the internet again.

People like you are a danger too the whole, of the free world!
Thanks. Now in English please.
 
#6
box-of-frogs said:
jinxy said:
box-of-frogs said:
Strange thing happening, whenever i press the 'last 50 posts' button (at the top or bottom of page), i keep getting re-directed to this weird website

http://rev-advert.com/search.php?

Done a virus scan and can't find anything. Running Firefox. Anyone else
getting this?
You have been (as the youngsters, say. pw0nd) rooted. Smash you pc with a lump hammer. Never ever go on the internet again.

People like you are a danger too the whole, of the free world!
Thanks. Now in English please.
Scratch your pc and do a full, as new install.
 
#7
Do us a favour and remove the link from your post. It may well be infected.
You have probably been infected. Suggest you google the entire link and see what it brings back.
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#8
old_n_fat said:
Do us a favour and remove the link from your post. It may well be infected.
You have probably been infected. Suggest you google the entire link and see what it brings back.
Doesn't seem to be anything malicious but I've trimmed the link anyway.

Not a site related problem as far as I can see.
 
#9
Works fine for me using both Safari and Opera.

Have you been on any dodgy sites lately? Sheep porn perhaps?
 
#10
In the law of averages it is likely to be triggered by adware.

Run a spyware scan as well as a virusscan, but preferably in safe mode or at least use ProcssViewer to disable Explorer when scanning.

It is possible that there is a rootkit infection which will be hidden from standard antivirus & spyware.

Have a go at the steps described from going to www.oaklandsfestival.com then selecting SERVICES.
 
#11
Sixty said:
old_n_fat said:
Do us a favour and remove the link from your post. It may well be infected.
You have probably been infected. Suggest you google the entire link and see what it brings back.
Doesn't seem to be anything malicious but I've trimmed the link anyway.

Not a site related problem as far as I can see.
It isn't site related. His browser has been hijacked by a Malware programme like MySearch, usually acquired whilst downloading something for 'free'.
 
#13
I ran the sophos one out of idle curiosity and it found a shed(!) load of files, but told me not to do anything with them as it didnt know what they were.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads