strange robot mule

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by quiller, Mar 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.devilducky.com/media/42797/

"A nimble, four-legged, Cronenbergesque robot is so surefooted it can recover its balance even after being given a hefty kick.
    The machine, which moves like a cross between a goat and a pantomime horse, is being developed as a robotic pack mule for the US military."

it is quite strange to watch.

2. The way that thing moves looks so natural, especialy when it's recovering its balance. Although I think the noise it makes would drive me crazy!!

3. Totall agree with Rad - it's bizarre. I almost felt sorry for it when the guy kicked it - what?!

4. If this ever enters service with the British Army, I predict that on top of the inevitable drill manual (well it was marking time in the video) it will swiftly be followed by a raft of 'thou shalt not' DCIs.

The cav will ride it bareback on mess nights.

The guards will stalk it with shotguns.

The inf will try to shag it.

The bunting tossers will reprogramme it to either dance or walk on two legs or both.

...and the Rifles will have it doing 140 to the minute in no time.

I confidently predict that the first batch will end up in a REME Blue Cross home.

5. I always have a big laugh when I see these mule concepts from the spams.

Scene: The battlefield of the future.

Future Force Warrior grunt: "Yo! Mule - let's move out!!"

Mule: "Boop boop, beep! Sir, yes sir! All systems are optimal. Load weight is 500 lbs!"

2 minutes later, a barbed wire fence is reached.

Mule: "Boop boop, beep.....Feck!"