Strange Phone Call....

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by ca1_794, Feb 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else who has applied recently (to be an officer) recieved a phone call about a researcher coming to meet you to discuss joining the army?

Just got off the phone and the woman was fairly vauge, seemed a bit strange to me.... :?

2. I hope you didn't give her your bank account details.

3. But she said the King of Angola asked for my details personally?!

4. Get in there my son!

5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I would get straight onto your liaison officer or Careers office and just enquire about the validity of this researcher.

6. Was there a job offer in it, too?

7. Yeah i plan to when im out of work....just a bit concerned as she seemed to know details of my application...

Rather strange if you ask me!

8. All joking about "get your coat" aside, don't give any details out over the phone..........................

9. No i didnt personally give any...she already had mine...

10. Call the police, do not wait, do it now, it's a scam, and they have your details, including work details? Dial 999 now, before it's too late

11. 1471 the number and then type the number into google and see if it comes up genuine

12. You can slip your safety catch back on I think.
    I dimly recall hearing about a piece of work being done by a consultant, the aim of which was to report on the reasons why potential SUTs (woo hoo, get me with the 'with-it' lingo!) decide for or against joining.
    Can't for the life of me remember who the instigator was but HQ PSC were asked for their cooperation in reaching those that had taken the shilling.
    Hope this helps.
    Sticky.

13. Had a missed call off a Birmingham based number...googled it and there was one post claiming it was from a bank - Link

God knows what it is then 8O

14. It's Sir Mark Thatcher's outfit. Fancy some malaria and rum?