Strange navigation issues when not logged in.

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by BanjoBill, Sep 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I noticed this yesterday when I received a reply in forum email. Every time I tried to click on a specific page, I was redirected to another one in the same thread. It was late, I was pished and I couldn't be arrsed reporting it. So can't remember the details.

Just received another reply in thread email, directing me to:

This thread is located at:

This page kept auto refreshing - pain in the arrse!

The URL showing in the address bar is:

But it was resolving at the top of the page - then reloading. I had to be quick - but by clicking page 16 the bug ended.

I then logged in to check if it was same, followed the link from my email and it links direct to the post by: BiscuitsAB - post3946482.... all seems fine and dandy.

Can't be sure what is to blame: My stats:

Mac OSX: 10.6.8
    FF: 6.0.2

Can test it on following if it helps:

OS as above: Safari, Chrome, Opera.

Can also test in WinDoze 7, various browsers.... but due to it being Windoze this could take a decade or two before I get back to you with a SITREP.
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks for the report. because it's gone I'd only be guessing at what's happening but I will click on the links in any notifications I get and try and get the same thing.
  3. I'll let you know in here - if it happens again. Only seems to happen when NOT logged in.

I thought it might be the Google ads script, but didn't take notice if the advert changed when I logged in... might be the end of the summer equinox - and when I think about it... definitely could be Pikeys or Mr Shortt.... :crash: