• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Strange lights over Iraq

Hey guys,

Youtube

Just found this video on one of the tin foil hat brigade websites that I look over from time to time. Anybody seen anything similar over there? Anybody got any idea what this is? Swamp gas? :D :?

They're light pillars. Usually caused by the sun/moon low on the horizon with cloud layer above (ice crystals mainly). Can also form above above bright light sources on the ground such as in this video.

Bottleosmoke said:
Its those wild badgers of Basra again................
Ber-looody typical. Every time we come up with a wizzo new weapon or technique to defeat terrur, some eejit gives the game away by gobbing off on some website.

There were squirrels as well.

Ber-looody typical. Every time we come up with a wizzo new weapon or technique to defeat terrur, some eejit gives the game away by gobbing off on some website.
prehaps not this time, but.... well who knows ;)

only advantage is that I can see what my competitors are up too :D

WW

Exodus 13:
[18] But God led the people about, through the way of the wilderness of the Red sea: and the children of Israel went up harnessed out of the land of Egypt.
[19] And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him: for he had straitly sworn the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you; and ye shall carry up my bones away hence with you.
[20] And they took their journey from Succoth, and encamped in Etham, in the edge of the wilderness.
[21] And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
[22] He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

Latest Threads