Strange halftrack markings

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Being German not very reliable , but M3's were troublesome too , I believe .
As I understand it, an important difference between Hannomag and White/Harvester designs was that the latter had driven tracks, whereas the former got traction only from the wheels.

Or a meringue?

Poo I'm afraid. Both had driven tracks. The main difference being the kraut one was partially steered by the tracks, whilst the yank one was wheels only.

oh there you go with facts again, like the Director arguing that it 'doesn't really set the right tone for us to be using WW2 Nazi machinery'. My counter-argument of 'well you have a Porche(not a company car) was met with that classic riposte of '**** off'
Whats his front door arrangement (plus an e) got to do with anything?

There was a model diorama years and years back, about that joke in a model magazine. A young kid was slapping paint on a brand new car. 'I said the porch, not porsche!' was the title. Or something like that, I'm am very old after all and the memory isn't errr, something or other.

A nice chap on Facebook posted this information about where my halftrack ended up.

Military Trainig Area 1936 Wehrmacht 1941 Prison for Warprisoners from Russia 1945 Us Army capture Ground. French and US use for 15 Years. 1951-52 2nd. US Tank Divion "Hells on Wheels" zake it over and use it today. 1956 First use from German Soldiers. 1960 German Army tke over the Trainig Ground. https://www.kommando.streitkraefteb...XRyQ1dKdms9/TruppenuebungsplatzBaumholder.pdf

Poo I'm afraid. Both had driven tracks. The main difference being the kraut one was partially steered by the tracks, whilst the yank one was wheels only.
Care to tell us about the engine and transmission on yours .

Care to tell us about the engine and transmission on yours .
If you insist! It's a bit boring though!

All the White/Autocar/Diamond T vehicles were fitted with the White 160 Ax 386 cu in (6330 cc) petrol engine, a straight six side valve, with a compression ratio of 6:3:1 and a power to weight ratio of approx 16 hp/ton. It could propel the vehicle up to around 45MPH (so I could just about keep up with a Jimmy at full pelt).

It has a non synchrco gearbox with four forward and one reverse gear, as well as a two-speed transfer case. The drive to the front wheels can be disengaged so transmission windup on roads is reduced. With a bit of practice you can change up without using the clutch, changing down takes more practice.
Told you it was boring!

You are right both of you, it is Dovedale, my apologies, it was possibly the lack of mechanised artillery pieces on my last visit that threw me?

All the White/Autocar/Diamond T vehicles were fitted with the White 160 Ax 386 cu in (6330 cc) petrol engine, a straight six side valve, with a compression ratio of 6:3:1 and a power to weight ratio of approx 16 hp/ton. It could propel the vehicle up to around 45MPH (so I could just about keep up with a Jimmy at full pelt).

It has a non synchrco gearbox with four forward and one reverse gear, as well as a two-speed transfer case. The drive to the front wheels can be disengaged so transmission windup on roads is reduced. With a bit of practice you can change up without using the clutch, changing down takes more practice.
Told you it was boring!
Not boring to me but then I am a petrol head.

Told you it was boring!

Do you know who envious most of ARRSE are now ? :)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer