Strange Dreams

Several years ago, I had a strange dream where I made some sort of discovery. No idea what it was but woke up for a piss and remembered something of it briefly, and decided to write it down on whatever paper was nearby.
whatever is was I wrote looked like squiggle- but very arty, neat squiggle!
looked very much like Georgian script. No idea whether it actually was Georgian as I thought nothing of it at the time and simply binned it.

was quite a while after, reading a languages forum where I saw the Georgian script and thought ‘that looks familiar!

endure

GCM
All my strange dreams involve long hills, naked walks and morse code forgetfulness.

I simply don't understand why I spend so much time in police cells...

I can echo the anti-malaria tablet dreams that some have mentioned. I’ve stopped taking them these days because the dreams were worryingly realistic. (Apart from the flying bit, that was obviously ridiculous.) One dream I remember bits of included rolling my next-door neighbour up in a carpet. I’m not sure if she was alive or dead at the time. I remember shaving her as well.

I dreamed last night that I fought Mike Tyson and had him worried within 10 seconds. He thought he'd killed me.

Yokel

LE
When I was in my late teens, and catching the train to college every day, I had an odd dream in which I was waiting for the train, wondering where everyone was, and noticing a sign saying the trains were running late due to nuclear attack.

To be honest I rarely remember dreams, so when I do it tends to be for a reason.

When I was in my late teens, and catching the train to college every day, I had an odd dream in which I was waiting for the train, wondering where everyone was, and noticing a sign saying the trains were running late due to nuclear attack.

To be honest I rarely remember dreams, so when I do it tends to be for a reason.
Perhaps there were no mushrooms in the fridge.

kimmi851

War Hero
Roundshaw was great - I remember once my bus home was blown up (well the top floor was), I got home only to be sent straight back through Roundshaw in the dark because I had left the bowl from my Home Ec class on the bus when I fled it, and my mother wanted the bowl back (daughter back was definitely optional).

I was from the classy part of Croydon anyway - we cleaned our rifle barrels before shooting one another!

Waking up into a dream and then waking up into a dream and then getting pissed off when waking in up to another F* dream and F* repeating this for a while.
Some days don't start so well.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
Acting out your dreams (i.e. sleepwalking) can sometimes get a bit weird.....

I've spent the early hours looking for a tiny axe in the baskets in the middle of Lidl for a workmate who was in there with me. When I went to fetch her to show her where they were they'd gone, so I spent my dream wandering along ever changing 'bargains' never finding the axes.
However their dream selection of Generator covers is vast and I was seriously tempted to get one to go over the genny I do actually have but never use.
Happiliy my consious brain overrode my subconsious and saved me wasting the money......….theres no such thing as a magic money tree in dreams you know.

Unless of course you dream of one.

TamH70

MIA
I had this dream about having to care for a senile old woman who lay in her bed all the time. Plus some other extraneous stuff I'm scared to go digging around in my subconscious for. It better not be about my mother - after not having seen her for about thirty years I don't really fancy the idea of doing the end-of-life care thing for her.

Last two nights have been good.

Started with aliens vs space marines in my childhood home although the aliens coming out of the roof were more like giant beetles. Game over man, game over.

This was followed by another which woke me up but I can’t remember and then a really unsettling one where I am being interviewed by the cops and for some reason I lie about something at the start of the interview which implicated me in a murder. I then can’t explained why I lied and looks like I’m royally fucked.

Last nights helping involved a work friend asking me to call his wife as he thinks she’s cheating on him with Matt from work. I interrogate her for a bit but can’t remember if I’m the one who’s been shagging her so tread very carefully as he's listening in on the other line.

After that one Mrs. DD got herself kidnapped and I was chasing about after her.

I’m fucking knackered.

Last edited:
I have a recurring dream about one of these, in beige. It's a taxi and the date is 31/12/1999

nissan-stanza-1983-10.jpg

In reality, on that date, me and several of my oppos were deployed around various client sites in case the Millennium Bug "struck". It didn't, of course, which is just as well as I'd necked most of a bottle of Scotch.

I have some very strange dreams. They are very often recurring. One involves being unable to find an unoccupied toilet or one that is in a usable condition.

Last night, I had one where I got involved in a snogging session with EastEnders' very own Sonia Fowler (Natalie Cassidy). It was quite disturbing. I have not watched an episode of EastEnders in twenty five years or longer and I had to Google it to get the name of the character and the actress.

She's no oil painting, is she?
Can't help with the Eastenders issue, but your recurring toilet one suggests you have some hurty feelings that should be worked out:

Toilet
To see a toilet in your dream symbolizes a release of emotions. You need to get rid of something in your life that is useless. Seeing a toilet in your dream may also be a physical manifestation brought about by a full bladder. The dream is attempting to get you up and to the bathroom. If you are cleaning the toilet, then it means that you are starting to shed your outer wall or lose your inhibitions.

To see a clogged toilet in your dream suggests that you are holding and keeping your feelings to yourself. Your emotions have been pent up too long and you need to let go of the negative feelings.

To see an overflowing or flooded toilet in your dream denotes your desires to fully express your emotions.

Dreaming about a flood with mud and/or garbage spilling out of the toilet indicates that your feelings are repeatedly being belittled, undermined or unacknowledged. You feel disrespected.
Was there any loo roll?
Toilet Paper
To see or use a roll of toilet paper in your dream represents the aftermath of some emotional release. You are ready to heal from your emotional outburst. If you dream of black colored toilet paper, then it means that you are in denial about some of your true feelings.
Was the loo seat up or down?
Toilet Seat
To dream that the toilet seat is broken or missing suggests that you are emotionally distant.

To dream that the toilet seat is up implies that you are opening up your emotions to others.

To dream that the toilet seat is down indicates that you are guarded when it comes to expressing your emotions.
Dream Moods Dream Dictionary: Meanings For Symbols That Begin With T

My invoice is in the post. Same time next week?

Yokel

LE
I once dreamt was half asleep with an older blonde women, although we had not been doing anything. I think it was Bernie Woolf from Holby City. She was topless and had enormous boobs. She complained that she was not allowed to get them out on TV, I agree to write in and suggest a story line in which someone falls through the roof into the female staff showers and is helped by nudie doctors and nurses.

Another time I was dreaming I had fallen into the pond, and could not get out as it was dark and there was nobody to help. A passing Goldfish took pity on me and took me back to his home, and his Missus made me a cuppa.

I have been freaked out my dreams that are almost like a warning, such as before an interview that did not go well.

Last edited:
Can't help with the Eastenders issue, but your recurring toilet one suggests you have some hurty feelings that should be worked out:

Was there any loo roll?

Was the loo seat up or down?

Dream Moods Dream Dictionary: Meanings For Symbols That Begin With T

My invoice is in the post. Same time next week?
I have always been a bit dubious about these so-called dream interpretations.

I think the reality is a bit more prosaic.

Rather than being caused by emotional distress I think toilet dreams are just your body’s way of telling you you need a slash. I sometimes dream that I am drinking huge amounts of water - which is just my body telling my brain telling me I am dehydrated because I got pissed, had a salty curry and got even more pissed.

The weird and wacky dreams (I.e the best ones) are just your brain pissing about. When you are asleep it has less to do (no processing eyesight, words, environment etc) but still has to work so it has a bit of fun and makes shit up.

Also any interpretation of toilets, aircraft, escalators, vehicles etc is automatically suspect as these are recent inventions and we have been dreaming for at least a million years. Probably for ever given that animals seem to dream.

What really fucks me off is waking up from a pervy dream and not being able to get back to it. Whoever invents programmable dreams will make Bezos/Gates/Musk etc look like a bunch of dossers.

I have always been a bit dubious about these so-called dream interpretations.

I think the reality is a bit more prosaic.

Rather than being caused by emotional distress I think toilet dreams are just your body’s way of telling you you need a slash. I sometimes dream that I am drinking huge amounts of water - which is just my body telling my brain telling me I am dehydrated because I got pissed, had a salty curry and got even more pissed.

The weird and wacky dreams (I.e the best ones) are just your brain pissing about. When you are asleep it has less to do (no processing eyesight, words, environment etc) but still has to work so it has a bit of fun and makes shit up.

Also any interpretation of toilets, aircraft, escalators, vehicles etc is automatically suspect as these are recent inventions and we have been dreaming for at least a million years. Probably for ever given that animals seem to dream.

What really fucks me off is waking up from a pervy dream and not being able to get back to it. Whoever invents programmable dreams will make Bezos/Gates/Musk etc look like a bunch of dossers.
Wot? You mean you don't have a culturally appropriative dreamcatcher hanging over your bed and a rose quartz crystal under your pillow? For shame, sir.

This bit - our brains apparently use things we see in modern day life as dream metaphors. So in the old days Provost would have been dreaming that he was shut out of the garderobe, or that he went to use it and someone had bricked up the hole.

Whilst dreaming is an essential part of mammalian sleeping brain admin, I happen to agree with you about the interpretation stuff.

Ever seen a dog dreaming that it's running? It'll be lying on its side, legs going like pistons. God knows if they're dreaming of chasing or being chased. It's very funny.
My dogs also have eating dreams (they lie there chewing and swallowing nothing), and happy dreams (they furiously wag their tails and consequently wake themselves up).

The lurcher's running dreams leave bruises when he kicks out with his hind legs and I've always assumed he's doing the chasing (deer maybe) as he doesn't run that fast or far if other dogs chase him when he's awake. I'd love to know for sure though.

I had a dream.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. . .

It went on a bit and, TBF, it was a bit boring.