Strange days In Northern Ireland!

According to today's Newsletter, the RAF has been told to go home and the IAC are now providing support (apparently for nothing)

It's rather rich of the DUP man to complain when the First Minister is DUP as well. And as usual the military is being used to score political points.

I think they're mostly Protestant sheep affected. No votes lost there.

(Edit in defence of some of the buggers: I've just had a good result from my local MP, who's done an excellent job in a small case I referred to him - road blackspot needs signage or realignment - and has given the roads agency much grief).

Could be seen coming a mile off, from the day one comments on news sites that "dirty taigs didn't mind the army now" to the farmer interviewed on the local news who thanked Michelle O'Neill for "ordering Crown forces to assist the people."

All I can say is it'll be a long time before you see military assistance here again, from either side of the border.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Strangely enough one of the country shinners when he realised how difficult things were getting actually talked a lot of sense. About aid and assistance towards his own constituents and those in need of help.
He didn't seem to care about where the help came from (although to be fair on later broadcasts the shrill true believers were out)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Strangely enough one of the country shinners when he realised how difficult things were getting actually talked a lot of sense. About aid and assistance towards his own constituents and those in need of help.
He didn't seem to care about where the help came from (although to be fair on later broadcasts the shrill true believers were out)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Difficult balancing act between keeping an eye on votes and bigotry !