Strange days In Northern Ireland!

It just amused me really. The "us too!" aspect.

Let's hope none of the "players" are breaking out a few ground to air missiles from their "stores" to welcome the Chinook.
They haven't gone away you know!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm outraged. Why didn't the IDF offer to help immediately and save our agriculture minister from having to ask for an MoD helicopter.
Expect to hear fulsome praise for our neighbours helicopter and a lot of bitching about the noise from the occupying forces MoD helicopter.
Word is Harry offered to ditch his leave for a chance to drop stuff on South Armagh and Tyrone.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I'm outraged. Why didn't the IDF offer to help immediately and save our agriculture minister from having to ask for an MoD helicopter.
Expect to hear fulsome praise for our neighbours helicopter and a lot of bitching about the noise from the occupying forces MoD helicopter.
Word is Harry offered to ditch his leave for a chance to drop stuff on South Armagh and Tyrone.

The IDF is the abbreviation for the Israeli Defence Forces, now their offering assistance would truly add to the "strange days" ! As for the noise , I agree, the "woka woka" is far more damaging to the eardrums than anything the IAC can contribute :)

Just been announced that the Irish Air Corps are sending a rotary callsign tomorrow.

Seriously.
Irish coast guard rescue were looking at basing at St Angelo near Enniskillen not so long ago. Don't know if they did.

Given that the cows are all either starving to death or frozen solid in 14 foot snowdrifts, even a South Armagh farmer's going to be going some to prove that the RAF killed his cattle...

Given that the cows are all either starving to death or frozen solid in 14 foot snowdrifts, even a South Armagh farmer's going to be going some to prove that the RAF killed his cattle...
You've obviously never met a S. Armagh farmer... Or their solicitors (I'm in bother here because the Mrs. is Armagh, S.)

But... Frozen cow you say? Doesn't that mean, like... Frozen steak? If the Wokka doesn't come back loaded with a Sqn. BBQ it's crewed by.... People of a different, but no less less useful or valued, sexual orientation.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Re the above.
The arse end of nowhere.
'There's something out there'.
'It's a sheep'
'Not a sheep sir. It hasn't moved'
Looks like a sheep but its not moving, he's right.
'What do we do'
'Put one in it'
He does
'Try to hit the thing'
'I did sir'
'One more'
The things still standing.
'Gods teeth'
'I hit it twice'
When someone eventually goes for a look. Its a sheep, shot to bits and standing up its oxters in muck.
Right we're out of here