• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Strange days In Northern Ireland!

The DCO just called me in to the office and told me that, she thought it was very funny. Have to agree, I would have liked to see the red faced bastards choke on the words as they asked.

The minister was interviewed on the Nolan show this morning and constantly referred to the "MoD helicopter"; obviously couldn't bring herself to say army :)

That will depend on a combination where they go and how long they are there for!
One of the areas that is suffering worst is South Armagh. I doubt if there will be much bricking of helicopters going on as South Armagh farmers are just as happy to get something for nothing as any other farmer!

What was it the IRA used to do to traitors?... Anyway, we haven't had a flake of snow in Somerset, it seems weird to look at the news and see drifts 4 feet high just 60-70 miles away.

Well why not ? Every civvy authority is entitled to MACC, the sooner everyone starts talking and trusting each other, the quicker the shithole will get back to some sort of normality, and become more of a place that tourists will feel safe, inturn enabling her to pay her way rather than relying on huge Government handouts. TBF Northern Ireland has some spectacular coastal scenery, all I got to see was poxy Bandit country.

Well why not ? Every civvy authority is entitled to MACC, the sooner everyone starts talking and trusting each other, the quicker the shithole will get back to some sort of normality, and become more of a place that tourists will feel safe, inturn enabling her to pay her way rather than relying on huge Government handouts. TBF Northern Ireland has some spectacular coastal scenery, all I got to see was poxy Bandit country.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I do hope the Chinook crew aren't planning on staying in a local 5 star during their stay.

I notice that the BBC are reporting that the TA have been asked to help clear roads.
The TA have long advertised 'no Security duty' or something like that. I don't know if that gave them any sort of safety.

I was once at a Christmas Bop when a load of TA Medics rocked up... the proverbial bus load of nurses. My mate got a proper Catholic lass/bunny boiler. Wanted to marry him within a few months and no nookie until then either.

One of the areas that is suffering worst is South Armagh. I doubt if there will be much bricking of helicopters going on as South Armagh farmers are just as happy to get something for nothing as any other farmer!
I wonder if Slab needs anything moving from one side of his farm to the other?

Well the ESB (The Republics Electricity Supply Service ) have been helping out too...am i missing something ?
I suppose that depends, I'm minded to believe that it's a politically rather than operationally motivated decision and I'd be interested in whether support was requested or offered. Largely because of the reaction illustrated in this thread and elsewhere in the media.

edit:- You actually have to look at this from the slightly wider POV in that the IAC can legitimately claim to have offered "aid" to the UK. It's not a little thing.

I suppose that depends, I'm minded to believe that it's a politically rather than operationally motivated decision and I'd be interested in whether support was requested or offered. Largely because of the reaction illustrated in this thread and elsewhere in the media.

edit:- You actually have to look at this from the slightly wider POV in that the IAC can legitimately claim to have offered "aid" to the UK. It's not a little thing.
Am pretty sure its political, going on the recent decision on the joint training mission to Mali ? It also means the shinners have nothing to bitch about when the IAC help out those cash strapped chaps on the border.

Latest Threads