Strange Character Casting

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by HHH, Jul 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HHH

HHH LE

Author Lee Child, who is behind the best-selling Jack Reacher series, has won the novel of the year award at the Harrogate Crime Writing FestivalBBC News - Author Lee Child wins top crime award

I love reading Lee Childs books, especially the Jacker Reacher series, all of which I have read, and enjoyed immensely.
    But now they are going to make a film about the 6ft 5in character Jack Reacher, and who have they cast in the role ?
    None other than the giant Tom Cruise.
    All I can say is WTF.
  2. FFS, the fuckin dwarf has ruined too many films already. Why not Marky Mark Whalberg? He was great in the shooter (and a bit bigger than cruise)
  3. liam neeson is nearer the mark I'd have thought
  4. HHH

HHH LE

Yes, I think he could do it (except maybe his accents aren't great)
  5. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Clearly Titus Pullo would have been best...
  6. Thomas Jane is perfect for the role, the guy in the first Punisher Film (not the dolph lundgren crap)
  7. Oberstleutnant Claus von Stauffenberg - 6'3'' of aristocratic Prussian military professionalism.

Tom Cruise - not.

On a similar vein of 'why the **** does that gay midget get these parts?'
  8. That film is one I will not touch with a barge pole, I have read most if not all of the Reacher books and enjoyed them immensely, to have that stunted little scientologist wassock playing the part of Reacher is nothing short of an abomination.
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I suppose the casting of a midget is not too far off as,while Reacher is described in the books as well over 6', when I have read the books I am Reacher!!!!! :)
  10. I would have cast Tommy Lee Jones>
  11. HHH

HHH LE

Round ????
  12. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

how would jason isaacs fair?
  13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Thanks, if I could have a nice single malt with an ice cold lager to follow! Very kind of you to offer, :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Apologies for reviving this thread.

But having read all the Reacher books which I really enjoy, I can't begin to express my thoughts on having Lilipution Tom playing Reacher.
    Out of all the actors around that I can think of, I'd have gone for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to play him.
    Not the ideal choice I know, but he would of brought the physical bulk of Reacher to life.

******* Tom Cruise though. Jesus titty ******* Christ!
  15. Spot on choice mate!!