Strange button on my MacBook Pro

On the same side as the USB ports there's a button that sits flush, next to what look like 8 LED lights.

What does it do?

I'd read the instructions, but I'm a bloke.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
t309 said:
On the same side as the USB ports there's a button that sits flush, next to what look like 8 LED lights.

What does it do?

Press it and see

Legs said:
t309 said:

What does it do?

Press it and see
8 green LED's light up. Nothing else appears to have occurred.

Have I nuked China?

doublecrease said:
I believe it tells you how full the battery is, on older macbooks it's on the bottom.
Ah, I see. Thanking you.

Slightly miffed about the China thing not happening though.

Not got a Macbook Pro, but on my MacBook I have a button on the bottom next to a set of LEDs. Press it and it'll tell you how much power is in the battery. You can do this without the machine being on, for a quick check.

Infiltrator said:
Not got a Macbook Pro, but on my MacBook I have a button on the bottom next to a set of LEDs. Press it and it'll tell you how much power is in the battery. You can do this without the machine being on, for a quick check.
Thanks for that Trigger.

Sangreal said:
Infiltrator said:
Thanks for that Trigger.
Thanks all, much appreciated.

I've got a Macbook Pro and there are loads of buttons under the lid with the pretty apple picture on the top. Can anyone tell me what they do please??

I've also got a hole in my tummy - if I undo it will my arrse fall off???

I've got a Macbook Pro.

I've thrown my Macbook Pro away because my colleagues on here suggested that it means I am gay...and I'm not...I only experimented that once and...erm... well anyway, I've binned it LIKE A MAN!!

This "battery test" thing is a ruse. This is all actually Steve Jobs' path to global domination. By buying an Apple product you've all become part of the great iLobotomy Programme - a brainwashing process that has made you into another iZombie (symptoms: obessed with shiny, expensive but ineffectual pieces of technology. And bumlove.) who will, when Jobs' decides the time has come, simultaneously press all those "battery test" buttons and thus release all the nuclear warheads in the world.

I hope you're happy, you bastards.