Strange ARRSE moderation...

I have twice posted the word elite (E L I T E) on the board and on both occasions it has been automatically converted into E+Lite and made into a link to another site.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/current-affairs-news-analysis/149517-why-we-need-navy-4.html#post3432054

Why is this and can we expect it to happen with other words too?

whitecity

See...

It's done it again....

Yup, guilty your honour but should be now fixed! All part of our grand scheme to try and keep the wolves from the door.

Let's see then: elite

Fixed.

Do we start an Easter egg like hunt for other words that cause the same outcome?

Pse do and click on as many as you can find!

Mutiny

Not that its a sinking ship Bad CO....just checking words out...no move along to the end of that plank like a good chap.

On another thread, the word polar was linked to the Amazon page advertizing watches of that name. Automatic, or did that poster work for the watch company? Let's see if it happens here ...

[Edit] Yes it does. So that's another word to zap.

oldbaldy

LE
Notice that Blair sends you straight to Amazon.

IPad does it as well, and I haven't even got one....

oldbaldy

LE
sat nav is to Amazon

On another thread, the word polar was linked to the Amazon page advertizing watches of that name. Automatic, or did that poster work for the watch company? Let's see if it happens here ...

[Edit] Yes it does. So that's another word to zap.
That was in a post I made on the 'Saluting' thread. I used the word 'Bi-Polar' in my staggeringly accurate description of RA Majors.

I wonder if it will work again

Bi-Polar

Bloody hell.

IPad does it as well, and I haven't even got one....
If I had a million dollars I'd buy you one but I don't so I won't. (like the Barenaked Ladies song)

I do hope that ARRSE is getting a million dollars from Amazon for the spamming. I do hope whoever ARRSE hired to program the new site is not getting a million dollar kickback for sneaking this into the program.

If I had a million dollars I'd buy you one but I don't so I won't. (like the Barenaked Ladies song)

I do hope that ARRSE is getting a million dollars from Amazon for the spamming. I do hope whoever ARRSE hired to program the new site is not getting a million dollar kickback for sneaking this into the program.
If you had a million dollars, you would have flown yourself over here and be doing my back garden in the nuddy whilst I whipped you.

I think given what the Co posted above its an option that they've turned on, as part of an amazon affiliate scheme - ie click through the link and buy the product then arrse gets a percentage of the profits. No programmers sneeking involved etc (In fact I'm sure I saw one of the Co's post about the keyword linking a little while ago when it was turned on).