Stranded... please help..

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Litotes, Jan 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I dont see a problem as long as the land lord is running a bar tab..
  2. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

And when the bar runs dry :?
  3. One of the stranded blokes was interviewed on the BBC news. During the telephone call he was talking about everyone helping each other out and mucking in etc etc
    In the background all you could hear was a load of beered up cheering.
    Snowed in in a pub. Must have been hell!
  4. According to the news i heard, they have managed to get out now.
  5. What bloody spoilsport went and did that?
  6. Feckin hell, I'd have sneaked out early morning and painted all the windows white. "Sorry lads another blizzard, lets get the ale in!"
  7. Got snowed in years ago in Derbyshire,electricity cut off for a week,we were forced to go to the pub.My god,it was terrible :)
  8. Remember a visit to Warcop ranges a long time ago when I decided to have a pint or three in Kirkby Steven (forget the name of the pub, maybe Pennine Arms?)... Anyway a lockin ensued and at the end of the night (morning) I was in no fit state to do anything, let alone stand up unsupported. Landlord put me to bed in a room upstairs, woke me up next morning mit coffee, and drove me into the camp in his own wagon so I got there before my absence was noticed.

Talk about service.

Last time I was passing the pub had been sold and had become a heartless chromium-plated disaster with no soul (but then that's progress I suppose)
  9. "The inn, which is currently for sale, offered rooms for a knockdown price of £10 per night rather than the normal figure of £70 "

Now there's a true yorkshirewoman, snowed in but still charges for the rooms!!