• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Stranded... please help..

One of the stranded blokes was interviewed on the BBC news. During the telephone call he was talking about everyone helping each other out and mucking in etc etc
In the background all you could hear was a load of beered up cheering.
Snowed in in a pub. Must have been hell!

Got snowed in years ago in Derbyshire,electricity cut off for a week,we were forced to go to the pub.My god,it was terrible :)

Remember a visit to Warcop ranges a long time ago when I decided to have a pint or three in Kirkby Steven (forget the name of the pub, maybe Pennine Arms?)... Anyway a lockin ensued and at the end of the night (morning) I was in no fit state to do anything, let alone stand up unsupported. Landlord put me to bed in a room upstairs, woke me up next morning mit coffee, and drove me into the camp in his own wagon so I got there before my absence was noticed.

Talk about service.

Last time I was passing the pub had been sold and had become a heartless chromium-plated disaster with no soul (but then that's progress I suppose)

"The inn, which is currently for sale, offered rooms for a knockdown price of £10 per night rather than the normal figure of £70 "

Now there's a true yorkshirewoman, snowed in but still charges for the rooms!!

Latest Threads