Stormzy scholarship for black students

White males are now the worst performers at school level by a margin. The problem is it's generally seen as racist to do anything that positively targets white people, even if they are demonstrably worse off than others.
Carrots has already pointed out the issues with that statement in further education. In secondary there are a number of groups that we are expected to 'focus' on:

special needs kids - need attention to ensure they make the same 'levels of progress' as 'normal' kids
gifted and talented kids - need extra 'challenge' to push them to achieve more (spot a certain incompatibility in those two points?)
english as additional language kids
kids in care
kids receiving free school meals
armed forces kids
boys (of any ethnicity)

Which by my reckoning means the only group that are not being specifically targetted are average White British middle class girls.

Which by my reckoning means the only group that are not being specifically targetted are average White British middle class girls.
Apart from recruitment initiatives for STEM subject, there's not much need. They're doing fine as it is.

Apart from recruitment initiatives for STEM subject, there's not much need. They're doing fine as it is.
I was thinking more along the lines that it's a bit hard to claim there is a specific focus on the vast majority of students. It's more accurate to say that we're not paying as much attention to the average girls but that doesn't sound as positive.

Give it a bit longer and when one of the other groups catches up with the girls, we can then look forward to giving 'special attention' to every single student.

is the 1st job of the stormzy scholarship translating the word of stormzy into English as I 've no idea what he's on about...

Stormzy launches Cambridge scholarship
Some guy called Stormzy who i understand is a rapper has decided to fund two scholaships to Oxford university. Good to see someone using their money to help disadvantaged students who couldnt afford to go there, so well done to him. Except, the scholarships are only available to black students. Question, is this racist? or are you allowed to define the rules as you see fit if you are supplying the money. Genuine question as i couldnt find any clarification about the rules anywhere. As to my position i dont believe in positive discrimination in any sphere, as far as i'm concerned it's the best person for the position be they male/female/black/white (other colours/genders are available but i cant list them all).
If you don't like what he does with his money, don't give him any money. No money, no scholarships.

Presumably, Stormzy was at one stage an "aspiring" rapper. I'd be more interested to hear how he managed to survive.
I presume he took b squareds approach to deploying on 'blassin them mandem who dis us' ops. But wrote up a cracking theoretical on what went wrong when rufus and nbongwe both got iced by the opfor and this inspired his first hits 'First take the safety off nigga' and 'Bro is you mad that just discharges the mag'