Stories of the B3

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by RoyalEngineers, Jan 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any tales of what ya get up to on the Combat Engineering Course?

Just to give me an idea and all :roll:

2. This is like a copy of that crappy stories of lichfield thread, damn whoever posted that :p

3. You learn combat engineering... then get posted. Job done.

4. I'd carried an LMG for a few days and was tasked with setting up a fire position in some bushes at Hawley for a bridge build.
    I rested my helmet on the top of the mag and heard someone sneaking up behind me on the gravel.
    I looked round and a Cpl was trying to see if I had dozed off. He asked how long I had been there and looking at the bridge, I said about 90 minutes and was due to be relieved soon.
    When he went, I noticed they were actually stripping out and i'd been asleep in the bushes for several hours :D

Cue evil laugh.....Muahahahaaaaaaaa :twisted:

5. If only it was that simple :wink:

6. Never did a B3, JLRRE passed out as B2's :D

7. i remember getting carrying handle rash because the Cpl thought i wasnt putting in enough effort.

Oh how it smarted fun times !!!

8. I seen the thread name and thought it was about Layby Liles on the B3 near Hohne!

I think that this would make a good thread!!!

9. The layby just north of Heber :oops:

I only stopped for a coffee of course :wink: , nice van she had though and a Fkn great all over tan :D

10. Did JLRRE left as B3 went to Gib for 6 weeks to finish off and left as B2's

(AR and JT left Gib as B3's)

11. Whores in laybys, only in Germany.

12. Ah the good old puss bus :-D

13. Aye stand corrected Sir,
    I did spend 3 weeks at Southwood, to do MGB, MWF and demonstrated to the "starchies" how to do Watermanship properly as Hawley lake is a bit downsize from Upnor Hard and Dover Harbour.

Fk it was 30 years ago though, so my simple mind shifts around like a EWBB launching nose without SwayBrace.
    Just because the pins in doesn't mean it will stay there :D

14. I was with one of first intakes through Gib in 84 and only did a year a Dover

I believe a few years before I got to Dover they did 2 years at JLRRE and less at Cove

15. The memory i have of my B3 at Gib is of two ladies ... The Scoff Monster and the Spacker in the Jacko. Thank fcuk one of thems gone. I only have the 10 percenter in the Jacko shouting "cup of tea" to contend with.