Stores Software

Discussion in 'RLC' started by barnezy349, Aug 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me of any software used by Army, RN or RAF clothing stores? Trying to computerise the stores at my CCF unit and free civvy stuff is useless.

We have a TA RLC unit over the road from us- anybody reckon its worth an ask if they can give us some software?
  2. I think you'll find that first line accounts are on a system called UNICOM, and it's a whole beast in it's own right. An excel spreadsheet may be the way to go in your case.
  3. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

From memory all accounts should be in accordance with the cadet manual and project Westminster(accounting sysytem) if in doubt ask your higher command

Be aware spread sheets are not accounts!!!!
  4. I shall bow down to your knowledge of cadet accouting PP. You learn something new everyday.
  5. The software used by the forces is mainframe software rather than stand-a-lone packages like Office Word or Excel. UNICOM Q is what the Army currently uses for first-line accounting and which needs a large cash injection to be installed within a unit. The best advice I can give you is to speak to your BOWO at Bde HQ for advice. Anything you produce locally will almost certainly have to shadow an 'approved' accounting system.
  6. Barney,
    it may be some help but there is a system called DEMAS(deployable multiple accounts system) used by the Engineers when on tour. it is a stand alone account system which can be loaded onto any computer. I am not sure if you would get it as you need to do a course on it but like i said it may help.

7. HQLAND control that system, is pretty good written by the same person that that did ACAS2 & Oscar.