Stores Repayment

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by therealbigdizzle, Jun 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A regular friend of mine mentioned in conversation a system run by the QMs known as 'repayment' whereby you can buy items of stores and have the money taken out of your next pay cheque. I'd asked about doing such a thing to a previous QM and got told to 4cough, I just wondered if anybody else has had any experience in doing this or at least whether it's possible in the TA?

He swears that it is so I just thought I'd see what the lowdown was if anybody knows?
  2. Aye, it's true in theory. Unfortunatly, it depends on your storeman and how much he likes you.

Being tha saddo that I am, I even managed to get the Defence Clothing Catalogue so that I could tip up with the NSNs, etc for all the gucci kit that I'd never need and hadn't earnt. Unsurprisingly, I didn't get any of it :D
  3. Sounds like a scam.
  4. Can't you just go 'diffy' said items?
  5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Only works if the items are on your 1157.

I have a vague suspicion that the OP is after purchasing an MFO box full of para smocks, "SAS" windproofs, Air Ops Bergan etc, etc, etc!
  6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Don't care - its my WMIK now and I'm not giving it back......
  7. Fair one! I stupidly assumed he was after kit that he may actually need rather than just want to play dressing up in.
  8. Explained here.

As noted in the text though, just because the mechanism's there, doesn't mean anyone will bother.
  9. nah you stupidly assumed right.

I'm just after a few extra shirts and trousers, a second smock (only issued 1, and field one looks sh*t on parade), and a few others bits... would also rather tell the storeman I wanted a few extra things rather than telling him I lost them.

I've got no interested in an MFO box full of para smocks, and the SAS windproofs are now issued if you hadn't noticed. If i wanted to dress up in silly crap I'd get it on eBay... telling your QM you're a total tool who wants para smocks and air ops bergens can't go anywhere towards furthering your career eh?

So dukey, no I'm not.
  10. msr

msr LE

Second smock I can understand, but why the other stuff?

In all honesty, you will pick these up as you go through your TA career.

11. Why don't you just ask in classifed ads?

Most people have loads of extra kit.
  12. I just like a few more than 2 sets. I don't drive so have to public-transport to TAC. Also work odd shifts, so washing kit in time with TA nights isn't easy. In the days when I had loads of kit it was easy as I kept it on a rotation and it always looked good but my other sets fell victim to becoming an ACF instructor with a useless QM.

Struggling again.

As for the gloves... just think they're good gloves!
  13. A number of years ago I posted that a good idea might be to put the whole clothing supply onto tinterweb so folk could mail-order what they wanted at cost. Idea was roundly slated on the QMs forum . Strangely enough I recently saw that there is now a plan to do exactly that but as the solution to the whole clothing issue, not just those who want "extra" kit.

Single source of kit so no need to hold duplicate piles in multiple locations - one off cost saving in stock reduction.
    Decent mail-order set up should allow kit to arrive in 48 hours. Reduction in bodies required in clothing stores.

But what about Ops - well its easy enough to supply a "deploying unit" pack to units off to somewhere dusty, but even then the post to parts foreign is not that slow.....
  14. msr

msr LE

Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.