Stores News in a National Insurance company

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Private_Pike, Jul 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I found this on my ( Large national Insurance) company's newspage today. Not quite sure why it's news to them but for all you stores anoraks, enjoy:

Document number - E172717-2008

Number of Official Journal 130/2008

Document received - 20080703

Document dispatched - 20080703

Heading - 2180

Type of document - 7 - Contract award

Nature of contract - 2 - Supply contract

Type of procedure - 7 - Contract awards

Regulation of procurement - 4 - European Communities

Type of awarding authority - 6 - Body governed by public law

Type of bid required - 9 - Not applicable

Awarding criteria - 2 - The most economic tender

Product code(s) - 18112000

Product name(s) - Military clothing

Original language(s) - EN

Name of awarding authority - DEFENCE CLOTHING (DC) DE&S

Town of awarding authority - BICESTER

CONTRACT AWARD NOTICE

Supplies

SECTION I: CONTRACTING AUTHORITY

I.1) NAME, ADDRESSES AND CONTACT POINT(S): Defence Clothing (DC) DE&S, Building 36/01, Skimmimgdish Lane, Caversfield, Oxon, Attn: VCCM2, UK-Bicester OX27 8TS. Tel. 018 69 87 59 23. E-mail: desdc-vccm2@mod.uk. Fax 018 69 87 58 89.

I.2) TYPE OF THE CONTRACTING AUTHORITY AND MAIN ACTIVITY OR ACTIVITIES: Body governed by public law.

Defence.

SECTION II: OBJECT OF THE CONTRACT

II.1) DESCRIPTION

II.1.1) Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority: UK-Bicester: supply of army no.2 dress uniforms.

II.1.2) Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Supplies.

Purchase.

II.1.4) Short description of the contract or purchase(s): Enabling Contract for the supply of approximately 150 000 various No.2 Uniforms (jackets, trousers and skirts) and a potential requirement of approximately 200 000 barrack trousers, slacks and skirts. Items will be in stock sizes and special measure. The Enabling Contract will be for an estimated 4 year duration. This contract will be subject to the Supplier & Customer Performance Measurement Process (S&CPMP). For further details please visit http://www.ams.mod.uk/CMT/Guidance/A-Z Topics/Supplier Relations/Development & Management.

II.1.5) Common procurement vocabulary (CPV): 18112000.

II.2) TOTAL FINAL VALUE OF CONTRACT(S)

II.2.1) Total final value of contract(s): Value: 8 794 218 GBP.

Excluding VAT.

SECTION IV: PROCEDURE

IV.1) TYPE OF PROCEDURE

IV.1.1) Type of procedure: Restricted.

IV.2) AWARD CRITERIA

IV.2.1) Award criteria: The most economically advantageous tender in terms of

1. The criteria as stated in the specifications, in the invitation to tender or to negotiate or in the descriptive document.

IV.3) ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION

IV.3.1) File reference number attributed by the Contracting Authority: DC2BESL/4628.

IV.3.2) Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract:

SECTION V: AWARD OF CONTRACT

TITLE: UK-Bicester: supply of army no.2 dress uniforms.

V.1) DATE OF CONTRACT AWARD: 30.6.2008.

V.2) NUMBER OF OFFERS RECEIVED: 7.

V.3) NAME AND ADDRESS OF ECONOMIC OPERATOR TO WHOM THE CONTRACT HAS BEEN AWARDED: Turner Virr & Co Ltd, 403 York Road, UK-Leeds LS9 6TD. E-mail: paul.fryer@turnervirr.co.uk. Tel. 011 33 85 05 89. Fax 011 32 87 25 03.

V.5) THE CONTRACT IS LIKELY TO BE SUB-CONTRACTED: Yes. Value or proportion of the contract likely to be sub-contracted to third parties:

Not known.

SECTION VI: COMPLEMENTARY INFORMATION

VI.1) CONTRACT RELATED TO A PROJECT AND/OR PROGRAMME FINANCED BY COMMUNITY FUNDS: No.

VI.2) ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: GO reference: GO 08070312.

VI.4) DATE OF DISPATCH OF THIS NOTICE: 3.7.2008.

Copyright � 2008 European Communitie
    Source Tenders Electronic Daily.

2. So they'll sub it out to the Chinese no doubt.

3. Nearly £9 Million!!! Well spent ??? I think we could all agree it could be spent better elsewhere.