Storage of blank ammunition

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Banshee_09, Mar 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, can someone sort out this query for me?? from a ACF point of view

is a secure magazine required for storing blank ammunition on a MOD training area?

i.e.- running an exercise, taking blank, can the blank be issued and carried by cadets until needed or does it need to be secured until such a time as the blank fire part of the exercise takes place?

any references would be useful too.

Cheers

2. You've not really given that much info.

Are you conducting live firing at any point?

Are the out in the field all the time? or spending time in barracks?

Is there ammo storage available at the camp?

3. once the blank is on the training area , there is no special storage required

4. Its still has to be looked after though.

If you return the ammo is shit state it can be withdrawn by the inspecting AT and written off against the units account.

5. yes quite, if you intend to return blank its a whole new ball game

6. sorry, just to clarify, we're going out for 48hrs, there is no ammo storage on the site, i'm only planning on taking about 2000rds and planning on using them all, no live firing taking place.

the only building available (due to them knocking all the other buildings down) is a port-cabin and a lecture room, both are lockable, however a swift kick to the door would allow entry, so not all that secure, they are within the camp perimeter which is mgs controlled.

hope that clears things up a bit

7. You are fine to do as you wished in your original post.

8. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Just make sure you issue all the cartridges then you won't have to worry as it'll be ready use ammo.

9. cheers guys