Stopping over 26s joining - when does it kick in?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Doris_2013, Jun 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Does anyone have any insight into when the stopping over 26s joining the AGC and RAMC (for MSO) comes in? As I understand, the Int Corps has already stopped accepting despite what it says online.

I've done a fair amount of searching on here and via google. None of the available documents online (to a civvie anyway) mention it and my local careers office wasn't particularly helpful. I have contacted the relevant recruitment team for whom I'm interested in joining and awaiting a phone call from someone hopefully in the know.

However in the meantime, if anyone has a rough idea, ie it's already started or it depends on when you go to Westbury it'll be most appreciated.

Doris

2. Tuesday.

3. Thanks! Nothing like a blunt reply :tongue:

4. You snooze, you lose.

5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

As far as as I am aware, the AGC and RAMC will continue to consider sponsoring candidates aged over 26 for the time being; the Int Corps never actually started doing so because they realised that they would probably end up with a bunch of overage wasters, rather than getting their share of the 'pick of the litter' from RMAS as they do now.

6. Thank you - hopefully I'll get the same official confirmation soon. As for Int Corps - that doesn't surprise me as I'd imagine it's a popular/over subscribed choice anyway.