Stop saying sir on the phone- A request by an RN doctor

You are absolutely correct, for the years you are talking about.

Unfortunately, many years later, I am offended on their behalf, and by your use of the name "Wendy", which you have used in a derogatory manner, thereby belittling those that menstruate.

I'm sure that we can settle this amicably via PM, prior to my instructing a solicitor and you losing your house to cover my 6 figure law suit.

I'm waiting.
Go fvck yourself.

Things were SOOO much simpler in those days. :)

Union Jack

Old-Salt
Order of St John. Medics’ (sort of) equivalent to OBE.
Which will come as something of a surprise to many Lord (and Lady!) Lieutenants and senior police officers who are otherwise short of some bling, not to mention at least one submariner Commodore that I can think of who received his Order of St John award because his prospective father-in-law didn't want his daughter to marry a chap with no medals ....:oops:

Jack

jim30

LE
The author of the tweet is a friend of mine. She works in a unit and area with a lot more women than normal parts of armed forces -yet still Army say 'sir' when answering the phone. Its a mild annoyance, but I'm sure most people here would be mildly annoyed if they were automatically called 'ma'am' when phone was answered.

She is also an exceptionally experienced officer with a lot of very punchy tours in her career. An awful lot of UK and allied soldiers owe their lives to her, as she did multiple MERT tours in HERRICK, into some phenomenally dangerous places, in order to save soldiers lives.

The author of the tweet is a friend of mine. She works in a unit and area with a lot more women than normal parts of armed forces -yet still Army say 'sir' when answering the phone. Its a mild annoyance, but I'm sure most people here would be mildly annoyed if they were automatically called 'ma'am' when phone was answered.

She is also an exceptionally experienced officer with a lot of very punchy tours in her career. An awful lot of UK and allied soldiers owe their lives to her, as she did multiple MERT tours in HERRICK, into some phenomenally dangerous places, in order to save soldiers lives.
FVCK ME, he lives!!!!

You just said “most people here”. You are assuming, dear boy, assuming :)

Thats all well and good but what if I were to call a Corporal "Sir"?

Greenfly

On ROPS
On ROPs

Jesus, I thought you were dead Humph!

I'm sure most people here would be mildly annoyed if they were automatically called 'ma'am' when phone was answered.
Actually, I think most people on here would get a tingle in their tummy banana (© lardbeast) if addressed as 'ma'am'.

Especially if the person doing so is also a Person of Gender. In stockings.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
"War Office, want a fight?"

This er friend of yours, does she er, you know, does she er go?

You sure you weren’t a Marine? :)
Useless gobshite civvy, remember? I made sure this was in the NAAFI and not a proper steely-eyed area of the site before I chipped in.

Admit it, if some pretty tart chucked up a salute and addressed you as ma'am you'd have been interested. Perhaps there's a role of 'honorary lezzer'?

I have to say, she’s got a really impressive rack :)
And that would've been my instantaneous retort to (it must be admitted) that rather fine counter-jibe. Thankfully I'm not on Twatspace... or whatever it's called. I would, however, suggest she puts the kettle on... sir.

Talking of racks, any of you Golden Rivet types know this lady?

1596580353644.jpeg

About 5 years ago, I was on an American cruise ship, and there was this vision of loveliness in her Mess Kit on a formal night. I couldn’t help but notice the medals (inc MBE) being British. I introduced myself with the line “I couldn’t help but notice your rack” :)

She was the security officer on the ship, ex-RN WO1 Police. The photo above does her no justice. Her hair was longer and frankly, she could have handcuffed me all night :)

Useless gobshite civvy, remember? I made sure this was in the NAAFI and not a proper steely-eyed area of the site before I chipped in.

Admit it, if some pretty tart chucked up a salute and addressed you as ma'am you'd have been interested. Perhaps there's a role of 'honorary lezzer'?
See reply above :)

Latest Threads