STOP PRESS Walt / SAS / Medals thread.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Dec 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm outraged.Seems some old geezer was bigging it up at some parade somewhere,whilst wearing medals he didn't ought to be wearing.It's in the papers a well.Does anyone know him?.The Daily Star are offering £50,000 to the first person to id him.I looked well quick on here but didn't see it nowhere.I'll share the winnings with you,if you let me call the papers,and claim the money.I mean those medals don't even look real,and my mate who is a medal expert says you don't wear gongs in two rows and what's more the Queen is well miffed coz she didn't give him permission to wear the Gulf medal and that.

2. You're a 'Reward Walt'

Why not start a new thread about him, everyone else has!

:p

3. Don't be unkind to Phil, he ain't no Walt. He was mentioned in despatches for his service during the Battle of Cape Matapan (March 27 to March 29, 1941), and was awarded the Greek War Cross of Valour.

4. It was me, but I have to wear a mask so no one can id me, will we still get the cash?
    I do have the medals.

5. Here he is:

[​IMG]

I believe he was in the SAS - only a terminally hard man could wear that tie and not care what people thought of him.

6. His bodyguard is a knacker!

7. Looks a lot like my uncle Beryl Olafs :wink:

8. Looks like the Mail is in on it too...

Clicky

No reward though! :(

9. We know.And I was joking about the reward.

10. Where's the shed thread?

11. Due to the shed thread outgrowing the shed it was situated in, all sheds are now combined into one large shed.

[​IMG]

12. What a lovely double shed!

13. The Daily Outrage has some nerve to try and claim that they had spoken to military experts about the WALTS medals...They obviously did nothing more than rifle through the posts on here, and made a story out of it. All the points raised in the article have appeared on here, and they didn't have the courtesy to acknowledge the ARRSERS contribution to their tale. Lazy hack bastards!!

To add insult to injury their description of the "THEM" badge as a flamed dagger was quite laughable, obviously factual detail isn't a prerequisite of reporting in the Daily OUTRAGE!!!

OUTRAGEOUS!!!! :wink:

14. Outfuckinrageous, its been photoshopped, i can see the join.

Double shed walt

Camm1