Stop Blair: ambition to lead Europe hits fierce opposition

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by petergriffen, Feb 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]
    Looks like troll a bit.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/feb/20/eu.spain

Told you he wouldn't get it. 8)

2. "It would certainly help a country to get the job if it decided to opt in," said Hans-Gert Pöttering, the German European parliament head.

Smoke and mirrors, the deal was done when he surrendered our rebate and stood down to make way for Cyclops with the proviso of no referendum on this treasonous nd undemocratic constitution.

It has no mandate in this country and any Member of parliament who votes in favour should be held to account in court at sometime in the future.

3. Lets hope he bloody won't, and lets hope our next set of glorious leaders will get us out of the EU's grips.

4. To all those who believe the majority of the UK population are in favour of the EU simply put it to a referendum , with the understanding that if the vote goes over , shall we say 60% , against this is taken as a decision to also withdraw.

5. The whole point is they are not interested in the democratic will of the people. They just want to get their snouts in the EU trough like Kinnock and co.

Imagine it.. unlimited wealth and executive power without the damnable inconvenience of having to face an electorate.

The question is if our laws are going to be imposed by unnaccountable and undemocratic diktat, would we be justified in using military means to resist such a dictatorship?

Would we be freedom fighter or terrorist?

An interesting point for the lefties on the site.

6. What then?....BTW the UK could have the EU in it's grip so to speak, but some people like to play the short game.

7. Troll is not exactly the word I would have used! .. :wink:

8. How long do you thinkthe EU Presidency lasts for? The last I'd heard it was to be a 2yr Representative post only. Thanks PG, I'll stick to my understanding of the EU. :roll:

9. What then? Oh nothing much, the ability to make our own laws and decide who stays and who goes. A free trade agreement, a demand for our billions back, control of our fishing industry, control of our farming industry, control of our foreign policy, control of our own destiny.

Just think of all the jail spaces we'd free up by kicking out the many thousand EU criminals we cant at the moment.

Enough room to jail our own chav scum and the tearing up of the odious human rights act.

Imagine it... our lawmakers actually having to face the electorate without EU law to hide behind for their failings.

Politicians accountable to the people.

10. So, what do we actually get from the EU?

Debate and discuss .. .. :wink:

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I think that Saint Tony should get the EU President's job. But only if, on the day of his 'coronation' Britain resigns from the EU and all the baggage that goes with it.

12. Vote in a Lib Dem government and You'll get Your chance.

13. The same Lib Dems who are supporting Liabour and denying us a referendum?

They have certainly taken the democratic out of Liberal haven't they Sven.

14. Free trade agreement?, maybe
    Nah we spent all the cash I'm afraid :oops:
    control of the fishing fleet?, what good would it do, fish stock depletion hit's you whether your in or out, except out you don't get the clout of the EU to negotiate new fishing ground's as have been done off Africa, but ok
    control of our farming industry why, is it out of your control?, do UK famers not get the same subsidies as everyone else?, which after you leave the EU the UK will have to pay itslef, the farmers ain't going to take a wage cut laying down (BTW I find alot of the farm agreement's, subsidies, appaling anyway)
    control of our foreign policy no offence, believe but the last major UK FP intiative done independently, pretty muc played off a script written in Washington, where you have no say, at least in the EU, the UK would be listened too, and in a lot of cases, respected, you lot hold a lot of sway insdie with the Eastern block countries, even if you don't use it/never tried it, but sure why not, just remeber you won't have the EU as a baffle against whats out there FP wise, you'd be on your own, no more collective trade agreements/envioromental/ect ect negotiated with the collective strength of the EU, just the UK a mid sized power in a super power World, will the Chinese really give a toss what the UK care's about?....I'm just asking question's, this is of course down to you lad's in the UK,.

Just think of all the jail spaces we'd free up by kicking out the many thousand EU criminals we cant at the moment.
    why don't you, Italy recently kicked out a shit load of Romainians, not a thing was said, Denmark has done it, we have also, to paraphrase a famous saying a bit "the fault dear Cad is not in the EU, but with in ourselves" :oops: the UK seems to use the mythical hydra of the EU for a lot of shite decisons made by your own gov/judiciary

Enough room to jail our own chav scum and the tearing up of the odious human rights act.

Imagine it... our lawmakers actually having to face the electorate without EU law to hide behind for their failings.

I see the EUHR act sighted a lot in the UK for various problems, never seen it used any where else like that, once again, I think that's more of an internal thing in the UK

and of course Pol use it to hide behind, ever think that's where quite a lot of the bad publicity come's from, the scapegoat syndrome.

15. This is like a bad nightmare. It just keeps recurring - we have only just got rid of it-- the Bliar thing I mean!

Out of the EU please, just as soon as a referendum can carry us.

I believe the question should be something like:

"Do you want to leave the EU, or do you want to leave the EU and repatriate the funds we have paid into it, by force if necessary?"

:D