Stomach Ulcer/Possible Cancer Questions

My Dad died suddenly on 1st of March, pain in chest and then dead.
I never know whether that’s the best way or its better to know you’re on your way out and can plan.
One way or another hopefully painless is good and David looked very ill, hopefully not in pain.
My father died in his 70s of a sudden heart attack, and I thought what a way to go, clean and simple. I would not want a lingering death.

My condolences to his family.

After My Father in law got the big C and my own dad had a stroke/heart attack in there low 60s, my wife has a decent life insurance policy on me. I resisted it...but you never know - Better to be prepared, especially if you are the main bread winner and have kids.

Only just seen this. Very sorry to hear that Joe has passed so quickly.
I always found him a very gentlemanly contributor.
My thoughts to his family.

I never know whether that’s the best way or its better to know you’re on your way out and can plan.
One way or another hopefully painless is good and David looked very ill, hopefully not in pain.
Very sorry to read that. Would’ve given ‘like’ but somehow doesn’t seem appropriate.

Suddenly is best. My Grandad took weeks to die of bowel cancer while the SO and I sat by his bed. He turned from from a sturdy miner into a haggard skeleton in a matter of weeks.

If it is going to happen then a short flash to bang time would suit me.
Having seen both my mother and step-mother endure a lingering painful demise that lasted the best part of a year in each case, terminal cancer is something I would not wish on even my worst enemy.

RIP, JC.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Suddenly is best. My Grandad took weeks to die of bowel cancer while the SO and I sat by his bed. He turned from from a sturdy miner into a haggard skeleton in a matter of weeks.
Having seen both my mother and step-mother endure a lingering painful demise that lasted the best part of a year in each case, terminal cancer is something I would not wish on even my worst enemy.

RIP, JC.

I would agree with both of those, having watched my mother take several months to die because of cancer, whereas my father was a case of getting a phone call one Sunday morning, asking if I could be at the hospital in the next twenty minutes (nearly 200 miles away) as he had been admitted feeling unwell and would not survive.

On a brighter note. I would prefer to die suddenly in bed, shot by a jealous husband.

The one upside is there's finally a buckshee pair of boots that might fit me.

Every cloud.

It comes to something when even the filthy fifteen and other piss takers can't find a bad word to say. A measure of the regard in which David was held.
I enjoyed his posts, he added to the board. It's a shame he's gone.

It won't happen to me though, I've decided to go out by being suffocated by Remy LaCroix's bumhole.

I've had some digestive problems since January - when I swallowed food it was getting 'stuck' on something going in to my stomach, and food wasn't being digested. This got steadily worse so I was carted off to hospital on Tuesday evening (6th March).

I had an endoscopy on Wednesday morning and they found a BFO ulcer at the top of the stomach and down in to it. This is obviously why I've had the difficulty swallowing, it is effecting peristalsis which is why food wasn't passing through as nature intended. My Haemoglobin had also dropped from 15.3 in December to 10.

I was quite relieved when the doc said ulcer - until he said that he didn't like the way it protruded and said it could well be cancerous. I'm now waiting on the results of the biopsies, hoping for the best but planning for the worst.

In the meantime, I'm on a fluid-diet - yoghurt with honey, high-cal drinks, fresh fruit milk-shakes, soup etc. When I was released the one thing they didn't give me were laxatives, so things backed up pretty quickly again. I'm managing it wih Senakot tablets, and I tried a spoonful of Olive Oil but had a problem getting it down (my gag reflex seems a bit more accute than it was).

I'm back to the hospital on Thursday, but does anyone have any advice on how to manage it in the mean-time, because my stomach is all over the place with bloating and rushing to the loo?
Chin up mate. It's probably nothing.

They'll be Civvy boots so be prepared for some quality footwear for a change.

Sad to hear about losing another decent arrser.
Every arrser will die, it’s just some should die earlier for the good of humanity

I would agree with both of those, having watched my mother take several months to die because of cancer, whereas my father was a case of getting a phone call one Sunday morning, asking if I could be at the hospital in the next twenty minutes (nearly 200 miles away) as he had been admitted feeling unwell and would not survive.

On a brighter note. I would prefer to die suddenly in bed, shot by a jealous husband.
I'm a husband.
I'm jealous that you have a better car than me.
now, if you'd kindly just get into bed....
Good enough ?? ;-)

I'll miss JC a lot. Never met but so enjoyed the banter.
I've just caught up on this. Wifey has just had bowel tumour removed and I didn't want to read thread.
My Deepest Condolences and thoughts and prayers with JC and family.