Stomach Ulcer/Possible Cancer Questions

Sorry to hear this news. The ones who typically pass away on this site are generally absolute twunts, but it appears that Joe Civvie is the very sad exception to this pattern.

C'ya Joe.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I spoke to him while on holiday in Spain with Zarathustra who he gave career/CV advice to, he is very successful now. Hopefully part of that was due to David’s advice.

Condolences to Mr C's familiy, and sympathy to all that knew him.
Always worth reading his words on here.LIke someone said above, there are lots that should have gone before him if life was fair.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
It comes to something when even the filthy fifteen and other piss takers can't find a bad word to say. A measure of the regard in which David was held.

Rest easy "Joe civvie", my first "mukker" on here as we shared the same daft sense of humour.

To your family - I hope the memory of that humour and good times will one day replace the sadness in your hearts.

I'm sorry to hear this news. I'm glad it was not a long drawn out period for him. My sister had a few months of treatment (second time around) before she pegged out. It wasn't good.

Anyone with Chorlton as his avatar is a good type.

My condolences to his family

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm sorry to hear this news. I'm glad it was not a long drawn out period for him. My sister had a few months of treatment (second time around) before she pegged out. It wasn't good.

Anyone with Chorlton as his avatar is a good type.

My condolences to his family
Please enlighten me about chorlton, I've led a sheltered life.

On the other hand I could relate to "ministry of silly walks" and "stylish masturbator "

Just seen the thread. Bugger.

Condolences to family, a respected contributor gone. See you in Valhalla David.

On the other hand I could relate to "ministry of silly walks" and "stylish masturbator "
[wah]Chorlton and the Wheelies (TV Series 1976– ) - IMDb
A wonderfully eccentric series about Chorlton, a happy-go-lucky dragon (named after a suburb of Manchester) who unintentionally foils the evil schemes of a mad Welsh 'Kettle Witch' who tries to stop wheelie people having fun.
[/wah]

As above, sad news re David

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I've only just seen this thread and am sorry to hear about Joe Civvie. The end comes to us all but it's still not nice to hear about when it's someone you feel you know even though it is only through ARRSE.

I would just like to add my condolences. Very sad news.
I could almost guarantee I would always get a 'funny' from him when I tried to be funny. From that I surmised we had a very similar sense of humour and therefore a tenuous connection. Now it's going to be just me laughing at my own jokes!
RIP Joe Civvie

Here you are, where it all started.

Puts me in mind of Arrse for some reason.

Less than two months from flash to bang, brutal timetable. I won’t announce my next bout of indigestion on Arrse if that’s what happens!!

RIP to Joe. I didn't know him all that well but he sounded like a decent guy. Thoughts with his family and friends.

My condolences to his family & friends.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
My Dad died suddenly on 1st of March, pain in chest and then dead.
I never know whether that’s the best way or its better to know you’re on your way out and can plan.
One way or another hopefully painless is good and David looked very ill, hopefully not in pain.