Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Adam(KOS), Jan 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Keep an eye out please folks. I doubt the S/Gs will be sold openly but the airguns just might be. Welcome
  2. I'd be interested to know why their monitored alarm didn't work, and why armed plod weren't there within a few minutes....
  3. Good point.
  4. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'm guessing this won't look good when they re-apply for their RFD.
  5. not exactly good taste on the guns taken, or indeed the quantity,
    when the local gunshop got raided they cleaned the place out completly, all 24 s/g's several rifles all the ammo and some 40+ air guns + various other sporting goods stuff, according ot the 4 min responce window off the silent alarm the place took less than 5 mins to completly empty (time taken for the alarm system to trigger and the alert to escalate to plod + plod to arrive on scene)

turned out it was an inside job and they knew to use a plasma cutter on the rack bolts leaving the racks + weapons intact and just shoved them in a van parked out the back .... all so they could collect the insurance cash and convert a few guns for a bank job....
  6. I think all the FAC stuff is stored in a more secure area.
  7. Well you have 14x shotguns there which will all shortly be Section 5......
  8. This was a heads up post. I'm not debating the whys and wherefores. :|
  9. list of shotgun and air rifle make/model/sn that were stolen in the raid.

12 Gauge Franchi Falconet over & under shotgun serial number; 2009957
    12 Gauge Franchi Alcione over & under shotgun serial number; TA10657
    12 Gauge Hatsan Arms Silver select over & under shotgun serial number; 11841
    12 Gauge Hubertus Bayard Sporter over & under shotgun serial number;17662
    20 Gauge Lanber Field over & under shotgun serial number;13-03-04413-10
    12 Gauge Webley & Scott 900K over & under shotgun serial number;11 KA 1148
    12 Gauge Webley & Scott 900K over & under shotgun serial number;11 KA 1063
    12 Gauge Zoli Kronos over & under shotgun serial number; 233132
    12 Gauge Baikal 611 over & under shotgun serial number; HO1871
    12 Gauge Bettinsoli Nexus over & under shotgun serial number; 229069
    20 Gauge Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon over & under shotgun serial number;M00863B
    20 Gauge Beretta Perennia Kick - Off over & under shotgun serial number;N57884S
    12 Gauge Beretta 687 EELL S over & under shotgun serial number; P57857B
    12 Gauge Beretta 682 Gold E adjustable stock over & under shotgun serial number; R77142S
    .22 Weihrauch HW80 Air Rifle - Serial number; 1808766
    .22 Weihrauch HW97 KT Synthetic Stainless Air Rifle - Serial number; 1830020
    .177 Weihrauch HW 97 KT Synthetic, blued Air Rifle - Serial number; 1832568
    .177 Weihrauch HW97 KT thumbhole Wood stock Air Rifle - Serial number;1836083
    .177 Weihrauch HW95K Air Rifle - Serial number; 1837117
    .22 Weihrauch HW97K Air Rifle - Serial number;1837312
    .22 Weihrauch HW99 S Air Rifle - Serial number; 1837381
    .22 Weihrauch HW80 Air Rifle - No visible Serial number

10. Don't put your faith in plod where firearms are involved, when I was going to the US for a month I informed plod that if my neighbours rang in to say my alarm was going off they needed to be aware that there were firearms on the premises. They said thanks very much, how long do you expect before they get to your guns after the alarm starts, I said I thought they'd have no more than 30 mins in the best case if it was a simple break in, more like 5 mins if they came specifically for the guns. Fine they said in that case we'll not bother until the next day. I pay taxes for that!.
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I expect I'll get them all in the monthly email from the plod mothership. Not that I would remember to check as there still isnt an online checkable database of stolen guns for RFDs to access.
  12. Ravers

You get a monthly email? Lucky bastard.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sometimes more than once a month but only because I bounce it to my blackberry otherwise it would sit there for months. Mizz Pople asked us all if we would go electronic last year as its cheaper for her but she is yet to reciprocate with incoming!
  14. Ravers

I had a brief phone call telling me some of our stuff was being featured on crimewatch. That's about all the attention I get unless they are doing a spot check.