Stolen night vision goggles offered for sale on eBay

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by the_boy_syrup, Mar 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

How stupid must you be to put this kit on E Bay?

The Ministry of Defence is investigating how a pair of state-of-the-art night vision goggles worth £12,000 came to be offered for sale on eBay.

The equipment, designed for use by helicopter pilots, was placed on the internet auction site last month.

It is just one of several pairs of the highly sophisticated goggles to have disappeared from Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force bases over the past year. And MoD police fear they could end up being used against British troops by Taliban insurgents in Afghanistan.

Link
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=523774&in_page_id=1770

2. Bl##dy hell, I diodn't realise "Terry" had choppers now !!

Odo

3. Should we be talking about this, sub judice and all that, there is a sailor being investigated for it?

4. Does the sailor live in Lambeth ?

5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I don't think we should be refering to the case in point. However, as a generality, whoever nicks expensive and vital items of battle winning kit deserves to be screwed by the full might of the law.

Thieving b@stards.

6. For his next trick, he's going to TWOC a chally 2, park it in his drive and stick a notice on it saying "FOR SALE; ONE CAREFUL LADY OWNER; BEST OFFER"

7. Having spent time as part of a team responsible for removing Computer equipment from certain areas, its surprising exactly how much kit is left on board ships that are sold off to foreign navies......

As we were going round one ship the Navy bods with us were explaining how the kit being left behind would be so welcome on other vessels screaming for kit....

8. Aint we crying out for ships in general?

9. Let me get this straight.

You're confessing that you've done time for being a member of a gang caught nicking MoD computers???

10. Who said i was nicking or are you unable to read.... ships that are being sold to foreign navies have certain navystar equipment removed and recycled where possible.

A lot of stuff was not removed, including thermal image cameras....

11. If you want to see a lot of stolen gear - visit the Army surplus site at Blackbushe market on a Sunday.

I heard a guy in the crowd telling his mate he was supplying £500 worth of stolen Army gear a week to the stall holder. He was a civvie working in the stores and lifting what he wanted.

12. Can anyone pass this to RMP ?

13. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Eh.....you?

14. No dude - I am out of the cop shop and have been for years. Check my Avatar and profile.

15. Wahhhhh :D