Stolen motorhomes

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Recently a few people I know have lost motorhomes, when I looked around, the value of the parts is worth more than the camper van
while not wishing to point the accusing finger in one particular direction, ie people who use transits a lot, yes the Police !! and builders!!! I checked out this site and was astonished to see how many are listed here, given the value and the fact its increasing I would suggest any one who owns a motorhome that is worth more than 5K get a tracker installed pronto

https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=108

I thought motor homes were for Werther sucking coffin dodgers who couldn’t afford hotels and wanted a cheap holiday.

Right up to the time I was having a full English at a place near Knutsford and looked at some.

Cheap they ain’t.

All to be never recovered even if the police find them on the pikey sites.

I thought motor homes were for Werther sucking coffin dodgers who couldn’t afford hotels and wanted a cheap holiday.

Right up to the time I was having a full English at a place near Knutsford and looked at some.

Cheap they ain’t.
I take it you were at Spinneys. They should wear masks and hooped shirts there.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

Cheap they ain’t.
A friend had parked hers in a supermarket whilst on Holiday, 15 minutes and it was gone, < its possible she was followed, but more likely they were prowling and snatched it
Today I was outside cleaning the car, the same white transit pick up with a fat mound of scum went past about 15 times in an hour, the lardy one in the passenger seat was eyeballing everything
bit most people done notice a transit with motorway maintenance and beacons on it

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
All to be never recovered even if the police find them on the pikey sites.
There is a small council storage yard between Tewksbury and Cheltenham
when they were evicted I counted 5 transit bodyshells
I wander over for a look as I was cycling, eveery one was stripped
none of them were rusty or accident damaged
and not one had the panels with the Vin no present

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

Cheap they ain’t.
my neighbours paid near 70K for theirs
the other neighbour paid 14 grand for the bare van, in good order and will spend 5k kitting it out

locally the other week 2 caravans got pinched off a secure storage site after the fence was cut..

There is a small council storage yard between Tewksbury and Cheltenham
when they were evicted I counted 5 transit bodyshells
I wander over for a look as I was cycling, eveery one was stripped
none of them were rusty or accident damaged
and not one had the panels with the Vin no present
Removing the vin numbers is actually very very difficult.
It would involve removing a lot of parts and cutting an awful lot away.
I think that many people think the vin is only stamped in a few places, whereas it may be in up to twenty places.

I would suggest any one who owns a motorhome that is worth more than 5K get a tracker installed pronto
Trackers aren't all they are cracked up to be either... a common practice is to steal caravan/camper van/motorhome/prestige car and hide it not too far from where it was nicked.

If it is still there a couple or four days later - bobs yer brothers lover or something. If you should be met by old bill when recovering said vehicle, you were there quite by chance / was told there was a likely stolen/abandoned vehicle and you was about to get the details so you could report it etc.

Now... I have a couple of luxury motor homes, a nice Range Rover and a Porsche 911 for sale if anyone is interested. Cheap because I lost all the paperwork and keys when I moved house recently. Cash only, no £50 notes but good discount for used £20 notes.

I have an Autotrail scout which I love,recently my insurer made it known that if no tracker fitted they wont entertain a theft claim, even though it's fully comp, thankyou mr pikey scum.
top tip if buying. avoid anything ford transit based.

Anyone that drives one deserves their face ripped off rather than their van..........
Very harsh. Did one run over your pet hamster and fail to stop or something to engender such a hatred of those people innocently utilising motor homes to explore our beautiful country?

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Very harsh. Did one run over your pet hamster and fail to stop or something to engender such a hatred of those people innocently utilising motor homes to explore our beautiful country?
They're up there with caravans as far as I'm concerned mate, I live in the countryside and get so fed up with following them around the place because folks dont know how to drive them or judge the width of them :rage:

Especially the Dutch