Stolen Medals

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Percussion_Cap, Apr 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. World War II medals have been stolen from a house in the Leith area of Edinburgh, police have said.

The medals included an Italy Star, an India Star and an Atlantic Star, all of which belonged to the householder's father, who was a naval officer.

Keep your eyes peeled, ladies and gents, I know how good you all are at sniffing out things like this.

Oh, and apologies if this has already been covered - I didn't spot it although I are compr mng sometimes.
  2. I had my gongs nicked ages ago.....if anyone knows where I should start a look for them please PM me. It'd be nice to have them back, despite having them replaced.
  3. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

My bold: An India Star? Possibly the Star of the Order of India? Indian GSM?
  4. more likley burma star or pacific star although there is an India service medal that had simalar qualifying criteria to the defence medal
  5. I had one of mine nicked about 20 years ago and last year I got an email from a mate who said is this you showing an ebay linky. I clicked on it and there was my GSM NI showing my No Rank and Name and Regt, full marks though to the civvy who was selling it he had brought it at a medal fair in Antwerp 3 - 4 years ago and he let me have it back for nowt. Althopug so he didnt totally lose out I gave him the replacement medal that the Army made me buy.
  6. Good news on getting your medal back Pling, wish there were more about like that civvy who innocently had your medal