Figures Stolen figures.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sad but true, keep your eyes out folks, please. Any info either direct to Bob or drop me a note if you prefer.

34a-jpg.432614
35a-jpeg.432615
36a-jpeg.432616

sarnian

War Hero
No info I’m afraid; but that’s proper sh*t.

Hope someone can shed some light and they make their way back to the rightfulls.

Tyk

LE
I've no idea if they represent any significant monetary value that could be realised by a thief, but this petty stupidity reminds me of that train setup that a group of enthusiasts had worked on for years which was trashed for no reason.
Pitiful really.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've no idea if they represent any significant monetary value that could be realised by a thief, but this petty stupidity reminds me of that train setup that a group of enthusiasts had worked on for years which was trashed for no reason.
Pitiful really.
In terms of financial reward probably not a lot, unless you knew what they were.

Pitiful really.
Yes, I remember that.

Sad but true, keep your eyes out folks, please. Any info either direct to Bob or drop me a note if you prefer.

34a-jpg.432614
35a-jpeg.432615
36a-jpeg.432616
Its Russian, but quite extensive, try Yandex Image Search . It has a language translator on right click, a colleague of mine got his stolen cabin cruiser back by frequently searching, turned up for sale in the Aegean.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Its Russian, but quite extensive, try Yandex Image Search . It has a language translator on right click, a colleague of mine got his stolen cabin cruiser back by frequently searching, turned up for sale in the Aegean.
Cheers, I'll pass it on if you don't mind? Will cut and paste from here so your details will omitted if that's ok.

My former grandparents in law had their house done over about 25 years ago and a lot of antique silver plate (ie sterling) was knicked - salvers, candelabrum, tea services, a wine cooler (about the size of a baby's bath) and a canteen of Geo II cutlery. They left the Sheffield Plate and the more modern electro plate, so they clearly knew what to look for, and the family have always thought it was connected to the cleaner. They were all fairly ornate and distinctive pieces and a guy tried to sell them to an antiques dealer in York about the week later. The dealer thought it was suspicious and got the number plate of the car. The seller realised the dealer was on to him and by the time the police followed up a day or two later, he had sold the silver to a scrap dealer for about £50, who then melted most of it down, apart from one or two piece he kept - which was sufficient to prosecute the seller for receiving the goods (he apparently had an alibi for the night of the burglary).The scrap dealer wasn't prosecuted. The items were valued at about £10k but these were cherished family heirlooms - melted for next to nothing. Nothing shirt of vandalism.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm with everybody else here it is a low, despicable piece of theft, which has been done because the sad bastard either could not make it himself or just nicked it for the same of doing so. When I lived in that there London, there was an evil little scrote called Pete Withers who infested the Ally-Pally exhibition halls acting as a security consultant. After the fourth theft of models, he was caught and given a good kicking before being handed over to the boys in blue. When his property was searched, there was over 600 models stored in various boxes and cupboards. Obviously his presence is not required at any future Ally-Pally event, but he may well be spreading his wings and moving north.

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt
My former grandparents in law had their house done over about 25 years ago and a lot of antique silver plate (ie sterling) was knicked - salvers, candelabrum, tea services, a wine cooler (about the size of a baby's bath) and a canteen of Geo II cutlery. They left the Sheffield Plate and the more modern electro plate, so they clearly knew what to look for, and the family have always thought it was connected to the cleaner. They were all fairly ornate and distinctive pieces and a guy tried to sell them to an antiques dealer in York about the week later. The dealer thought it was suspicious and got the number plate of the car. The seller realised the dealer was on to him and by the time the police followed up a day or two later, he had sold the silver to a scrap dealer for about £50, who then melted most of it down, apart from one or two piece he kept - which was sufficient to prosecute the seller for receiving the goods (he apparently had an alibi for the night of the burglary).The scrap dealer wasn't prosecuted. The items were valued at about £10k but these were cherished family heirlooms - melted for next to nothing. Nothing shirt of vandalism.
Very very similar case in our family, except it was a care worker working with an elderly relative. Fortunately, suspicions were raised early, and most of the nice silver was cached under the floorboards. When they came, they still took some very precious (to us) things though.

Latest Threads